25 - dont hurt me (part 2)

A/N: I've been getting a lot of great comments. Some of you have read the story multiple times and it makes my heart so-so warm. The feedback has been and somehow continues to be amazing. 

I'm trying to re-read the story myself, at least parts of it. Life has been hectic, and busy, and tiring. 

I still appreciate every one of my readers very-very much. I feel so fortunate to have been able to reach A LOT of people with this story. The writing-rush comes in waves and at the moment I'm surfing one of those waves. I hope to get one more chapter out of this wave at least before it disappears. 

I am going to finish this story. This is the goal, has always been. I want to do it. I know I can do it. The only thing uncertain is that I don't know how much time it's going to take and how frequently I can upload. Getting my master's degree is more difficult, because I had to start thinking about my thesis during first year already and I'm trying to get as much done in the summer, so during the school year it's not as crazy and I won't be that stressed out. 

Happy reading x) 

chapter 25 – don't hurt me (part 2)

Devon

I don't know what it is about parties, but they're more of a buzzkill than anything to be excited for.

I get excited about cake that might look shitty but tastes amazing, or bike rides in the rain, or even when I'm able to get under Gina's skin. Sometimes she looks funny when she's irritated. I like how she rolls her eyes. And at the end of it all, she doesn't hate me, even though she might insist otherwise.

We have each other's backs, always.

But parties – all I want to do is crawl under a rug and be invisible. I mostly hate crowds, unless it's beneficial for me in some way.

Crowds are okay when my intention is to secure my reputation. But sometimes the less you work for it, the more stable the reputation. I guess I'm okay with people thinking I don't give fuck.

Parties. I could be making out with some stranger. I could be cheering with the rest of them in beer pong. I could be at home, to be honest. Instead I take my drink and sit on the couch, which usually is occupied. Some horny teenagers rubbing against each other. Or some guy or girl passed out, sleeping. I guess not today.

I wonder how Juan's parents even let him have a party. Supposedly they are always working. But one would imagine that one of them would be at home, or at least getting home very soon. How is he getting all those people out in case of that emergency? I bet his parents would mind.

It's a nice house. Not as extravagant as Mickey's.

But then again, few people could reach the extravaganza of Mickey. Rich posh boy. He doesn't dress like it though. Or maybe only on the weekends. Who knows what secrets lives we're all leading.

Juan's a boy from the suburbs, trying to impress everyone. I can't blame him for that.

Remember when I was a sweet innocent high school boy? Secretly I always wanted to be bad. But it wasn't until Luke that I realized it completely. And it's not Luke's fault. Something in me clicked. Something made sense.

I used to fantasize about being the baddest one of them all. That all the guys would look at me with envy. Or that they'd be impressed. Or that they'd look at me and picture me undressed.

The fact that Juan is in ways like me, doesn't mean I liked him. He's still an asshole and I'd rather we not speak or even look at each other. (But I might get inspired, or perhaps inspire him. He might be useful.)