28 - good boy likes books and drama

A/N: It's crazy what's been going on - all the votes and the comments and people adding this story to their libraries. I am on top of the world, at least I feel like that. Thank you so much, babes :) 

I appreciate you all, but still I like to give a moment in the spotlight to the following (it doesn't mean I appreciate the others any less, because you all are amazing, seriously!) : DuckeeDee ; lauraveli ; StarSparkle2403 ; xXstardreamingXx ; crazyreader6969 - thank you for voting on every chapter, and I admire the speed of your reading (you basically read it in one go).

I keep being grateful, but I'm also greedy like always - so votes and comments are very appreciated (they keep me motivated and happy). 

(ps. the songs I attach don't have to be listened to while reading, I'm just letting you know of different artist and songs that I like)

Chapter 28 – good boy likes books and drama

Suddenly Devon isn't Devon anymore; instead it's Nolan's voice sneaking its way into my dream.

The thing about dreams is they can fuck up your mind so much that in the morning you might be convinced that left is actually right. And out of the blue the most important thing is to get back to that dream and try to find your way out of the maze.

Sometimes dreams plant feelings in your head and you start to wonder – do I actually feel this way?

I open my eyes and blink sleep away. Slowly the image of Jason eating cake in front of the couch starts to appear. There are cartoon noises in the background. He's watching TV.

I stretch out on the couch and groan. "Is is breakfast?" I ask.

He glances over his shoulder and smiles, a bit of frosting on his upper lip. "Everyone's in the kitchen," he replies.

"Ok," I nod and sit up, still stretching and flexing to bring some life into my sleepy body. "Do I need to shower first?"

He tilts his head and sniffs. "No, you're good," he says, and then his eyes fall to my knuckles. "Well, almost good."

My knuckles are red and raw and ugly – that's how you find the bad boy in the crowd, by his knuckles. Unless the words 'bad boy' is actually written across his forehead, then it's pretty obvious.

I snort. "I'll take the compliment anyway."

My eyes scan the room for Devon, who I find seated at the window, helping Caleb do his homework, I guess. Not that much homework to be done for me – I either pass the exams or I don't. Of course I'll study. I already have. I'm not that crazy to give up on school. Being an idiot doesn't mean it automatically includes being an idiot about school. Chill.

Instead of cereal, Nolan bites into a sandwich almost angrily as if the sandwich might bite back. He's openly staring at Devon, deep in thought. Ben is also staring at Devon and Caleb while pushing eggs around on the pan. And I am staring at all of them in turns, trying to divide my attention into pieces.

Then Jason appears from behind me, plate in hand, and rolls his eyes. "They've been like this for like an hour," he says and pushes Ben aside to wash his plate and fork. "That's why I left. Watching you sleep was more interesting." He shrugs.