11 - hello danger zone

A/N: It's quite a long chapter. You're welcome. I didn't post it last week, because I went home and at home I'm basically useless. I don't deal with school or writing, all I want to do is play with my dogs and cat and help out around the house. So that's why.

But I'm back now. School, even though not at its fullest, is already crazy (even though it's not that crazy). I want to thank @loveehurts21 and @acel84. And I want to thank all those who have read Blue Howard, because it's back on Teen Fiction list, and it got over 40K reads and 2K votes. It's amazing (and I admit the story is very flawed, but the feedback I've received has really put me on cloud nine). 

Anyway. I hope you like this chapter. Make sure to vote and comment. If you don't comment, I'll probably be very disappointed and not want to write for a while (it's the truth. I'm not forcing you to comment, but just so you know). 

Happy reading x)

Chapter 11 – hello danger zone

I'm staring at Nolan over my drink, trying to be not so obvious, but Farley's chuckling next to me.

"Maybe you should loosen the leash," he mumbles, mixing different drinks, smiling at the giggling girls. Girls, who are clearly flirting with him. Yet he doesn't make any moves.

Here he is, telling me what to do, which a perfect distraction for himself. I've noticed the shy looks, Farley. You're not fooling anybody.

Eileen's lying on her back on the couch, taking up three sitting spots like that. Unwilling to move. In the midst of all the chaos, she's the calm.

A sharp intake of breath from Farley. The muscles in his arms tense. Without saying anything, he hands the girls their drinks and forces his eyes down. That's when I let my eyes slip from Nolan to the guy who has just approached Eileen, offering her his drink. She doesn't even open her eyes.

Fuck, I think. This is only going to get worse.

He attempts to laugh (or make her laugh), but Eileen's face remains unchanged.

She's still such a mystery.

"I'm betting on Nolan," a guy says, slightly out of breath, clutching the money in his hand.

I put my drink down. "Good choice," I say and reach for the pen. "How much?"

"Three hundred," he says, basically beaming at me for praising his decision. "Write down Cameron."

"Cameron?" I lift my eyebrow.

The guy nods. "Yeah, he told me to bet on Nolan," he explains.

I glance behind him, to where Nolan was moments ago. Cameron's talking to him.

It's too early to freak out about anything, so I write down Cameron and accept the cash.

Eileen rests her arms on the bar, her head atop them. She blows out a breath and looks up at me. "Let's do shots," she says.

"Why?" It doesn't seem like she's in the her right mind. Something is bothering her. Part of me doesn't have the energy to sort it all out, but she's my friend after all. She needs me. "Let me rephrase: shots of what?"

"Tequila," she mumbles and pushes away from the bar, trailing her fingers along the counter.

So I do what any friend would, which is to pour tequila into shot glasses and set them in front of her.