6 - hello you have every right

A/N: Thank you @katelynnstories for reading every chapter and voting, and even commenting, you are wonderful!

Recently it's been really difficult to write because I feel physically ill when I think about forcing myself to write. Some days are better, some days are worse. Sometimes all I want to do is write. I don't know why it's been different recently. THAT doesn't mean that I hate writing. Absolutely not! It's just a sort of writer's block. And it will go away eventually.

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I really tried. Last chapter I gave you Devon (and he's in this chapter as well), soon I'll give you back Ben and Caleb and Jason. As soon as possible, I promise.

Happy reading x)

Chapter 6 - hello you have every right

I shoot up and slam my hand down. "No," I say, pointing at Devon. "If you're going to fight anyone, then you're going to fight me."

"But Luke," Marcus hisses. "You're not ready."

I ignore Marcus, staring at Devon, and trying to suppress thoughts of strangling him. "I'm sure I can get in a few good punches before I lose," I say.

Farley chuckles quietly, then covers his mouth and tries to be serious. I'll give him some credit - it was funny and he was the only one who dared to laugh. Thank you.

"Unfortunately, your name's not on the list," Devon says and turns to look at me better. He rests his elbow on the bar.

I shake my head. "This is between you and me. Leave Nolan out of this!"

Devon rolls his eyes. "It was never about just us!" he raises his voice. "Because you just had to drag him into everything."

What? "He is my friend!" That's first and foremost, he's also my boyfriend and the current love of my life. Devon on the other hand, was a crush. He's still good-looking even though I'm starting to hate him. "He got me through thick and thin. What is wrong with you?"

He's examining his knuckles.

"I'm sorry that I disappointed you. I'm sorry we didn't work out, because it was never my intention to leave you hurting. But instead of...revenge," I wince at that word. "-maybe solve this in some other way."

"Okay, I'll fight you," he says.

Goddammit! That little- He's insufferable.

Fine.

"Hope you're going to be happy," I mumble and look away. I need another drink, so I take Farley's even though he tries to object to it, and I finish it in one go. "And after the fight, you have no right- no right to hold anything against me or Nolan."

Devon doesn't care. He's walking away to greet people he knows. And I notice now that the room has started to fill. Marcus leaves my side to give some finishing touches to the place. Suddenly I hate fairy lights and these cold walls.

"Marcus is thinking of painting the walls. Some graffiti," Farley says, distracting me. His intentions are good, and distractions are necessary, but my mind is still on the subject. I'm going to fight Devon and I know I'm going to lose. This isn't like high school where I could throw a couple of punches and that would be it. These are real fighters, and I know nothing of this world.

But I can't let Nolan fight for me.

This is about me and Devon.

Fuck, I thought I'd never see him again. At least, I never thought it would come to this. And I know I'm the one who fucked it all up. I'm the one who kept the truth from him because I didn't want to quarrel. I just wanted Nolan.