9 - AFTER a swim in the sun

A/N: I'm a little stuck with the story. Maybe I won't be able to post next week, because I have to think about the story a little and figure out where I want it to go, because I don't want to finish it yet. I want it to continue. 

Anyways, here's the chapter. I hope you like it. 

Happy reading x)
with love
Yours truly

Chapter 9 - AFTER a swim in the sun

When I wake up, Nolan's not next to me.

But Jason's leaning on the back of the couch. His eyes slide to my startled self. "Good, you're up," he says. "Now, scoot! I want to watch the cartoons."

While cursing under my breath, I swing my legs over the edge of the couch and push myself up. Fucking Jason! He can't even let me wake up properly.

I go to the kitchen, but reconsider it and instead head for the bathroom. Better brush my teeth so I can kiss Nolan with a fresh and minty aftertaste.

I smile involuntarily at the thought.

When I return Caleb's begging Ben to let him have cereals and milk for breakfast, but Ben keeps shoving a plate of sandwiches in front of him. "You can have cereals after you've had a proper breakfast. Goddammit, don't be difficult!"

I give a nod. "Morning, brethren." Even though I washed my face, my eyes are still full of sleep. Full of sleep and dreams. I lean my elbows on the counter, rub my eye and then snatch the plate from Caleb.

"If you're not gonna, then I sure as hell am." Before he can complain I take a huge bite of one of the sandwiches and chew with an open mouth, just to piss Caleb off.

"Lucas, stop," Caleb whines and tries to get the plate back from me.

I swallow before I speak, "Fine. Go get me cereals and milk."

Caleb hesitates. He sighs defeatedly and gets up. He drags his feet to the cupboard. I glance at Ben who has a sort-of-approving look on his face. Ben grabs his cap from the counter and places it on his head, backwards. "Sleep well?" he asks with a smirk.

"Can't complain," I reply with a grin. "Although the waking up part could've been more romantic."

And then someone runs through the living room and passes me with a slap on my butt. Hands wraps around me. "Sunshine has woken up," he mumbles into my shoulder. "My day is bright." Then he places something atop my head. "A crown for a prince."

Nolan walks round me and mimics me, elbows on the counter, leaning in. He is smiling like no one I've ever seen before. In fact, he's beaming, like a polished gold coin in the sun. "It's a crown of flowers. A flower crown. Picked 'em myself."

I lick the corner of my mouth. "Aren't you jolly," I say.

He tilts his head and spins around. "Breakfast, darling?" He grabs the bowl from Caleb and brings it to me.

Caleb doesn't look happy.

"Are you gonna feed it to me?" I ask and settle onto a bar stool. But instead of filling the bowl, he steps in front of me and gives me a kiss. I don't let go of him that easily. A peck won't do.

I kiss him back, but then hear groans from the corner. "Ben! Do something!" Caleb begs. "This is getting out of hand."

Ben just chuckles. "I mean I tried," he shrugs, then adds, "Not really."

Nolan breaks away. "Sorry," he says to Caleb. "Blame Luke. I only wanted to give him a slight brush of my lips against his. But you know how he is, always wanting more." He looks back at me and winks. Then he goes to take another bowl and I watch as he fills both of them with cereals and milk.