10 - hello goodnight

A/N: It's short, and sweet. I'm tired, I want to go to bed already, which is why I am not able to write a longer chapter. 

Looking forward to reading all the comments in the morning (so you better not disappoint me, although I get it if there's nothing to comment on).

Happy reading x) 

(i'm aware that the picture of the video is weird, but this song is soooo gooooooood)

Chapter 10 – hello goodnight 

Ben ushers Caleb upstairs. It's late, and even though the party's not over yet, some of us have to go to sleep. But not Jason. He's objecting to everything, claiming he's not a little kid. And we all narrow our eyes at him.

"I'm not!" he insists, stomping his feet.

Nolan startles. "Jeez, be quiet!" He gestures nonchalantly and takes a sip of his drink. I might have to disappoint you there, because this one is definitely not non-alcoholic.

He scratches the side of his nose and leans back in his chair which he dragged to the middle of the room, explaining that he wanted to feel like a king greeting the loyal folk who had come to wish him a happy birthday.

Eileen sitting on the bar, swinging her legs, her long hair falling in lazy waves around her face, and over her shoulders. So far, Marcus hasn't looked away from her, lying on his back on the floor which I'm sure is covered in many layers of dirt and sweat and bits of blood molecules. One arm bent from the elbow, almost covering his face as if he were checking for a fever, the other balancing the beer can on his belly.

I walk round the chair and position myself in Nolan's lap. He laces his fingers with mine and I rest my head against his. "You're heavier than you think," he says.

"Please, shut up," I mumble.

"So we're just gonna mope around like that?" Tom sighs. He finishes the can of beer and goes to take another one.

Farley rolls his eyes at his brother. He smooths his bleach blond hair and glances at Eileen. Only a fraction of a moment.

Come to think of it, Ben never did tell us who he matched up in the game. I just assumed it was Marcus and Eileen. And then we played it again a little later, with Ben as the storyteller, and Farley as Cupid made me and Nolan be the star-crossed lovers. Ironically enough I was a werewolf again, and Nolan was the hunter.

Ben never returns, which makes Jason curious and he goes to look, only to come back to announce that Ben has fallen asleep on the mattress, and Caleb's still up playing games on his phone.

Brooks turns the music up a notch. "Tom's right. We need to do something or even the strongest of us will break."

Eileen pushes off the bar and lands on uneven feet. "Fuck," she mutters, then straightens up and adjust the skirt of her dress. "Let's play two truths and a lie." Marcus, who just closed his eyes, about to drift off, snaps them open. I believe everyone here is curious as to what's about to happen, and I'm nervous because I'm sure I won't come up with a believable lie. More than that, I think I won't even be able to think of the two truths.

I stand up only to sit on the floor. Nolan groans thankfully, and I roll my eyes at him. I wasn't that heavy.

Eileen slowly walks over to us. "I've kissed a girl," she says. "And I have liked it. I was bullied. I'm claustrophobic." She smiles sweetly and is about to sit down, when Farley stops her.

"You're going to ruin that dress," he says a little worriedly.

Eileen lifts her eyebrow.

Farley shrugs off his hoodie and lays it on the ground. "There," he says.