18 - hello i don't like you (part 2)

A/N: Hi! So my thesis is complete, I think, and I'm submitting it tomorrow. I still have to write one research paper and take an exam, and then it's basically a waiting game. I will get back to writing, slowly. I'm going to post new chapter s of this story, also Ugly Boy, and I want to start another story. I don't know which one or whether it will be fantasy or thriller or another teen fiction slash romance story. Just letting you know that I do have plans :D

Now, I want to thank the following people (some of you read Blue Howard and voted and/or commented, others voted and/or commented on BBGB) - THANK YOU: @MXXAngelWings11 , @_minaa , @Placebolover , @hadeerhany374 , @Anonymous__Addict , @LuckyDii (I wrote your username down but my handwriting was really messy, so I hope I got it right) , @BindWeed101 , @aixalovee , @ILovetacosDeAsada , @naenae2117 , @sammahabib , @bingloongyourewrong , @manau6 , @KKpurply11 , @H_JxAxM , @Loladnlol12 , @Sarah_Drowned13 , @farahfayek , @ennythingsgood , @DaffodilLlanes , @LadleFace - I'm pretty sure I left someone out and for that I am very sorry. 

Anyway, how's school for y'all? And what are your plans for summer?

Happy reading, x)

Chapter 18 – hello i don't like you (part 2) 

"I'm telling you, something is off."

My cheeks are cramping from all the smiling. I still can't believe everybody is here. Eileen is upstairs making Caleb pancakes, and there's Jason lying on the couch, legs over the armrest. He's buttoning his flannel shirt.

"Off?" Nolan raises his eyebrow, turning toward us on the stool.

Jason nods. "It shouldn't be this easy to just 'infiltrate'." He makes air quotes.

Nolan taps his fingers against the table. "And why would it be any harder?"

A giggle escapes my lips.

"Luke, you're drooling. I get that you're happy but it's getting a little weird," Jason changes subjects, and when Nolan clears his throat, Jason sigh, and says, "How can you be sure no one knows that he's an acquaintance of yours?"

Ben walks in the kitchen. "Because they're too trusting."

He's the one who helped carry the couch closer to the kitchen table because we were too lazy to bring chairs from downstairs.

"And this guy Cameron," Jason continues. Yes, this guy Cameron who is downstairs by the way, so you should lower your voice, Jason! "What's his agenda?"

Nolan stabs a pancake and slides it onto his plate. "I think I figured it out." He drowns the pancake in syrup. "He wants to be a bad boy."

"Coming from experience, huh?" Jason grins.