Chapter 42

Jeff was a bit drunk because he had got to read aloud the eulogy. The church inside felt so haunted with these people dressed in black.

Jeff's Eulogy:

"Hey Catherine, When I was a kid, I remember you always running behind me whenever I used to just run away to annoy you. Today you got so annoyed that you left. Can you hear me from above, am I loud enough! You are such a liar, such a bad liar. You pushed me away when you know you were losing at the game of life. And now that you are gone, I always have and will always have a complaint against you. You were suffering but you never thought of telling me about your pain. You did not let me help you with your pain.

I am sorry I did not even spent half of my life near you. I am such a selfish being. Maybe that's why I was never a reliable son. I never gave you my time and you never asked for it all. I wished we talked more. Wherever you are, surely among the angels, I know you are watching down on me and still worrying for my happiness. I will try to get over it mom. You left so early that I could not make up for the time I lost wasting. Rest in peace sweetheart! You've been the best mother ever. You left without giving me the chance to say goodbye. This hurts so much. It fucking hurts. I love you."

Jeff kissed Catherine goodbye. Andrew, Jeff and the others proceeded to bury the body. The casket suddenly seemed so heavy for Jeff. He was trembling. Tess neared him and took him back home. It was already night and Jeff has not eaten anything since morning. In the room Jeff was lifeless, he did not even uttered a word to Tess.

Tess (screaming to Jeff) : Why the fuck you are not crying. Damn it. Your mom is dead Jeff. She is gone forever. You gonna never see her again. Never never never Jeff. Come back to reality. Wake up Jeff.