Chapter 36

Jeff heading downstairs where everyone was assembled. He was happy, shocked to see Tess. But was also afraid because Noah was beside her.

Catherine: Good morning Jeff.

Jeff: Hey mom! why is everyone here? Something serious?

Andrew: Your mom got to talk to you after the scene you created yesterday. I wish you would have poured all your feelings earlier.

Catherine approaching Jeff, she was trembling. she did not know how to tell it out. She was a mom, she cared for her lad more than anything in the world. She never wants to see him wounded. She knows how weak Jeff is regarding his emotions. But hurting his lad now is the appropriate moment because she does not have time left. He should not feel her mom hid it all from him. He deserves the truth.

Catherine ( a tear rolled down from her left eye slowly) : I apologize for hiding it. But it was for your good and I thought you should live happily. You deserve the happiness available in the whole universe.

Jeff (scared) : Be straight forward mom. what happened?

Tess moved closer to Jeff. She sensed something was more than serious. Everyone was dumb struck. It seemed like the moment where Catherine is fulfilling the duty of a mother one last time.

Catherine: Jeff I have been diagnosed with cancer. ( breaking in heavy tears and a shaky voice) I will be alive only for some more days, or months. I don't know.