Chapter 2

It was January and it was snowing again. Noah and Tess were out strolling on the streets in their warm clothes, cherishing the snowfall. Noah, that day, wanted to confront Tess about something which might be uncomfortable for her. But then Noah knew in that moment only Tess would help him out.

Noah (holding Tess's hand) : Listen Tess! I need to confess something.
Tess (with intense eyes) : Yes. Go ahead. But can we head to my place, its getting more colder outside.

Inside Tess's house

Noah: I had been so caught up at work recently and business also has been going on so well. But I will be moving to Seattle for a month because of business meetings. So. So I wanted to ask you if you would be able to babysit a two years old kid for this one month.

Tess: What! A kid? You are kidding me right. Where did a kid come from now?

Noah: I am sorry for hiding this from you Tess. I am really sorry. It was a Friday night, a big mistake happened. My friends and I were returning from party and we were badly drunk. So an accident happened where my friend driving the car confused the driver coming on the opposite side. He was driving recklessly. That other car lost its balance and ended up hitting a tree. And the couple in the car died on the spot.

Tess: How can you be so careless Noah? You cost them their lives.

Noah ( sobbing) : Listen to me Tess. I am sorry. We were not in our senses and we did not know this would end up happening. Then Tess, we stopped there and as the police and all came, everybody assumed that they lost balance on their own and hit a tree. Even we kept quiet Tess. We heard the local people saying that they got a small kid and now what will be his future.

Tess: Oh my god Noah. You fucked up so bad.

Noah: Tess please. Then the next day the kid was placed in an orphanage. I swear Tess I was really hurt for being the reason of the death of his nurturers. I brought him and kept him with me outside in an apartment. Mom and Dad does not know anything. He is aware that his parents passed away in a car accident. But he does not know I was responsible. I have been taking care of him secretly Tess. Adoption is a long procedure. I want to go through it, they gave me time to spend with the kid before opting for legal procedures. I have got more two months before coming to a conclusion.

Tess: That was nice of you Noah. Maybe its time to repent for the mistake you committed. You should go ahead and adopt him.

Noah: what about my parents Tess. You know how much their class consciousness matters. They will worry more about their reputation and will turn the kid back to the orphanage. I wish him a better life and love. The kid deserves it.

Tess (hugging the crying Noah) : okay. Cool down now. Leave the kid at my place. I will take care of him. Once you are back from Seattle, we will talk with a tranquil mind.

Noah: Thank you Tess. Love you Tess...