Chapter 11

In that moment, Tess could relate to Jeff because even she went through a past similar like Jeff.

Tess: sometimes whatever is meant to happen will happen. Your mom does not deserve such a man. Who knows she will be better off far from him. You need to be strong not only for yourself but for your mom too. I think right now she needs you more through this phrase.

Jeff: You are right. I decided to move out along with her. But she is not ready. She knows I built a career I loved here. Leaving everything behind would mean starting all over again.

Tess: Jeff you can visit her or spend days with her whenever you feel like. She will be there for you. Always.

There was a silence but still Tess was confused about her feelings for Jeff. She was not even able to look at Jeff into the eyes. She knew she has consoled Jeff to some extent but don't know till how far.

The night was beautifully lightened with the lightnings. Tess did not want Jeff to leave.

Jeff: Thank you Tess. I am heading home now.

Tess realised that she was still holding his hand till now. Jeff sensed that Tess wanted him to stay but something else was on his mind. He leaned towards Tess and kissed her. Tess felt her heartbeats pounding.
"In that moment, I belonged to him."
Jeff drove around to land up in a pub. He drank until morning. When he reached home, his mom already left. And he found a letter on the side drawer.