Chapter 180

Shawn was making a bed at Diosa the next afternoon when her phone began to ring. Her dress had no pockets, so she had hid it inside her bra, finally enjoying her larger sized chest. She looked at the screen to see Tara's name come up. While staring at it in disbelief, Shawn tried to decide if she wanted to answer it. The friendship the two had built while the guys had been in prison a couple of years ago had quickly faded after their fight while they were also jail. Now that Tara faked a miscarriage, Shawn had a hard time believing Tara would call her at all.

The phone stopped ringing as it went to voicemail, ending Shawn's internal debate for her. She placed the phone back where it had been and finished what she had been doing. Once done, Shawn took the dirty sheets into the laundry room and placed them inside the washer before heading back to her desk. Before she could make it, her phone began to ring, again. Once again, it was Tara. Shawn sighed and answered.

"Yeah?"

"Could you tell you old man to get off my ass?" Tara asked, clearly pissed off.

"Which one? Juice or Tig? Either way, my answer stays the same," Shawn told her. Jax must have taken her advice and gotten someone to keep an eye on Tara.

"Juice has been following everywhere all damn day."

"Probably because you faked a miscarriage and lied to your husband so now he doesn't trust you."

"Well, you're very helpful," Tara said sarcastically.

"I do what I can," Shawn quipped back. "Did you really think I was going to help you?"

"I thought of all people you'd understand why I need to get out of here. Then again it doesn't look like you're going anywhere any time soon, either, if your husband is still willing to do all of Jax's dirty work."

"My daughter is in the hospital, Tara. What do you think we should do? Leave her there?"

"You honestly believe he'll leave once she's out?" Tara asked, but Shawn didn't answer. She wasn't sure they'd leave after that actually, but she wasn't about to tell Tara that. "You're where I was when Jax first got out of Stockton. You want to believe him, but deep down, you know it's not true. One day, you'll understand why I'm doing this."

Shawn opened her mouth to argue, but stopped short when she realized the line had gone dead. She looked at her phone and saw Tara had hung up. "Stupid bitch."

She dropped her phone angrily on the desk and took a seat. Placing her elbows on the desk, she rubbed her temples as she took a deep breath. After a moment, she reached for the laptop on the desk and pulled it towards her. Shawn opened it and typed in the password, but before the computer couldn't even start up, her phone rang, again. She groaned to herself and picked it up, relieved to see Juice's name, until she remembered Juice was supposed to be watching Tara.

"Hello?"

"Tara just tried to run me over!" Juice practically shouted into the phone.

"She did what?" Shawn asked loudly, getting some unwanted attention from people inside Diosa. She held a hand up to silently apologize and stood to step outside.

"I offered to watch Tara for Jax, he wanted someone she knew to do it, he thought she'd feel more comfortable. She went to Wendy's place and I stayed outside. When she came out, she sat in her car for a few minutes and then backed over my damn bike," Juice rattled off fast.

"Are you alright?"

"I got off my bike before she could hit me, but my bike is fucked up. I'll call someone at TM to pick it up with the flatbed, but can you take me to St. Thomas? I got to get there to make sure she doesn't try to take Abel and Thomas anywhere."