Chapter 139

Juice arrived at St. Thomas with several of the other guys. As they walked towards Tara's room, Roosevelt approached them and addressed Juice.

"Give me a minute?" Roosevelt asked Juice.

"For what?"

"I want to talk to you about Shawn."

"Back off," Tig snapped.

Roosevelt looked at Juice, waiting for his answer.

"It's cool. I'll be right there," Juice said and passed the guys to follow Roosevelt to a more private hallway.

"Thanks for talking to me," the sheriff told Juice.

"I'd rather you talk to me than her, anyways."

"Except I did talk to her."

"When?"

"This afternoon," Roosevelt said. "You haven't told her a damn thing about that night."

"No, I haven't," Juice admitted.

"How could you not tell her more about what happened to her?"

"Because, unlike you, I care about her. If I told her what I saw that night, it would crush her," Juice told him. "She's healing. Leave her the hell alone."

Juice started to walk away, but Roosevelt's voice stopped him. "What if he comes back?"

"Then I'll give you a call, man."

"You don't seem too concerned about it. It's almost like you know something I don't."

"Just that he'd have to be an idiot to come back," Juice said and this time, he did walk away. He found his way to the waiting room everyone else was in, including Shawn. Jax talked to everyone for a moment before asking everyone if he could talk to Opie alone.

Shawn gave Jax a hug before leaving and told him to call if Tara needed anything. Opie gave her a brief hug and then she approached Juice and they left the waiting room together.

"Want me to take you home?" Juice asked her.

"Yeah, if you're going home. I'd rather not have to hang out with a prospect."

Juice chuckled. "I just have to grab my laptop from the clubhouse on the way."

Shawn rode on the back on Juice's bike to the clubhouse with some of the other guys, Tig included. She smirked as they rode in formation with the others. She had known that's how they would ride, but had never experienced it herself. She thought of how ducks would fly and almost laughed out loud at the comparison.

They arrived at TM and Juice parked in his usual spot in a row with the others. She climbed off the Dyna and removed her helmet to hand to Juice.

"Nice rock," Tig said from a couple bikes down.

Shawn looked at the engagement ring on her left hand and then smiled at Juice.

"I'll give you two a minute," Juice said and went for the building.

"You got something you want to tell me?" Tig asked when Shawn approached him.

"From what I hear, you already knew. Juice said he asked for permission and everything."

"Yeah, he did. So, I guess he also told you what I asked for in return?"

"Dad, do you really think I'd get married and not have you walk me down the aisle?"

Tig shrugged and then wrapped an arm around Shawn's shoulders as they walked towards the clubhouse. "You never know. Maybe you don't want your old man giving you away."