*(58) The Wedding Planner

With her outfit complete, she headed to the Great Hall for breakfast. For once, the halls echoed with her footsteps, the usual chatter and bustling of students absent during the summer holiday break. Sophie relished the peaceful atmosphere, knowing it wouldn't last long once the rest of the students returned.

For the next two semesters at Hogwarts, Sophie lived her life day by day, abandoning her initial plan of seeking intervals for time travel. Despite her desire to do more with her knowledge, she found herself restricted within the school's walls. Seeking solace and a peaceful study environment, she made casual trips to the Chamber of Secrets, where she would sit in front of Salazar Slytherin's statue, engrossed in subjects that intrigued her. The secluded and quiet atmosphere of the Chamber allowed her to immerse herself fully in her studies.

Occasionally, the 16-year-old version of Tom Riddle would manifest before her, seeking secretive conversations away from Dumbledore's watchful eye. Their interactions consisted mainly of mundane information about their Death Eater activities, discussing deaths, torture, and their plans for the future – the usual sinister topics.

During the holidays, Sophie would eagerly reunite with Severus at their cozy cottage, cherishing every moment they spent together. The farewells were always bittersweet, and the warmth of their affection would linger even after they parted ways.

Springtime arrived at Hogwarts, and with it came Sophie's seasonal allergies. Yet, even this inconvenience was only half miserable as charms and spells helped alleviate her symptoms throughout her stay in the past.

Throughout the year, she found herself assisting several professors with after-class tutoring sessions. Her genuine kindness and helpfulness made her popular among students from all houses, a rarity for a Slytherin. Among her favorites was a third-year Gryffindor boy who had a stutter. However, his confidence soared whenever he was tutored by Sophie, and his stutter would vanish during their sessions.

With her remarkable prowess and knowledge, Sophie became the go-to person for academic assistance, not just within her own house, but throughout the entire school. Dumbledore recognized her capabilities and exempted her from attending classes, given that she was already operating at levels beyond the standard curriculum. This allowed her to dedicate more time to her studies and aiding others.

One sunny afternoon, Sophie was deeply engrossed in a dark arts book within the library when a young Hufflepuff boy approached the librarian with a letter in hand. The librarian, a stern but kind woman, immediately spotted Sophie among the bookshelves and motioned for her to come over.

Sophie carefully marked her place in the book, savoring the scent of old pages colliding gently as she closed it. She walked toward the librarian's desk, her footsteps echoing softly in the vast space of the library.

The desk where the letter lay was peculiar, unlike any she had seen before, but she knew it wasn't from Severus, Tom, or the Malfoys. Eagerly, she picked it up, and with a quick flick of her finger, she opened the letter without the need for a traditional opener. As she unfolded the letter, a vivid image of Lily and James Potter caught her eye, beaming with joy.

"Hey, Soph!" Lily's words greeted her warmly through the written note. The letter informed her that the wedding would take place at the beginning of the fall season, and Lily had chosen her as the head bridesmaid. Sophie was overcome with emotion; they hadn't seen each other since their graduation, and yet Lily had picked her as the only bridesmaid.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she read the attached list of wedding details that Lily had carefully put together. The colors were beautifully autumn-themed, with hints of champagne and silver, interwoven with the Gryffindor pride colors of red and gold. It was an apt choice for the head boy and head girl of their class.