*(22) D.A.D.A. and Doom

Their hearts beat as one, united in a bond that would withstand the tests of time, and as they surrendered to the gentle embrace of sleep, they knew that their love story was just beginning, with endless possibilities awaiting them in the realm of dreams.

As the first soft rays of dawn gently bathed the room, Sophie and Severus found themselves even more entangled than when they had fallen asleep, their bodies intertwined in an intimate embrace.

Unlike their usual nighttime cuddling, Sophie clung to Severus from behind, her right arm wrapped around his right side, her hand finding solace on his chest, while her body pressed affectionately against his back. Unbeknownst to her, her left arm had naturally intertwined itself beneath his body, resting near the left side of his jaw, as if she was unwilling to let him go.

Gradually stirring from his slumber, Severus blushed deeply as he became aware of their intertwined limbs. His gaze fixated on her hand, still clinging to him with a tender touch, seeking comfort and love. Though a twinge of discomfort nudged at him, the overwhelming sense of closeness and solace overshadowed any discomfort he might have felt. He had no complaints, except for the inevitable need to disentangle themselves.

With a gentle effort to free himself from her grasp, Severus struggled, only to find Sophie holding on tighter, effortlessly turning him around to face her. She nuzzled her way back into the intimate nook between his upper chest and lower neck, where his comforting scent enveloped her.

Sophie's legs remained entwined with his, pulling him even closer for those fleeting moments. In that instance, she was undoubtedly experiencing the best moments of her life—cocooned in love and warmth.

"Soph, you have to wake up; we need to get to class," Severus whispered softly, his voice barely audible, his words breaking the gentle silence.

"I've been up," she replied, gazing up at Severus with a warm smile. Tilting her head back down, she gently rested her forehead against his chest, savoring the comforting rhythm of his heartbeat. "I just didn't want to leave you yet."

It was in that tender moment that Severus Snape's mental perception could only be described as a blazing blush, reflected in his expression—an intimate moment that encapsulated their deep connection.

Bending his head slightly, he tenderly kissed the top of her head, savoring the touch of her soft hair against his lips, as he embraced her tightly before finally releasing her from their enchanting entanglement.

"There aren't enough hours in the day to spend with you, Severus," Sophie remarked, her voice filled with genuine affection, a yawn escaping her lips as she waltzed towards the bathroom, preparing for her refreshing morning shower.

"Exactly my sentiments," Severus echoed, a hint of a smile playing on his lips as he conjured his wand, readying himself to freshen his clothes for the day ahead.

Within the compact confines of the bathroom, Sophie swiftly hopped into the shower, her wand assisting her to breeze through the mundane tasks. The shampoo's fragrant lather, the revitalizing touch of the conditioner, and the refreshing cleanse of the soap enveloped her, their scents mingling with her freshly washed hair, leaving her feeling rejuvenated and vibrant.

After a mere four minutes, she emerged from the shower, her body wrapped in a towel, preserving a certain level of modesty. With her hair still damp, she walked out into the room and announced, "It's all yours."

As Severus looked up, catching sight of her in a towel, his reflexes kicked in, raising a hand to shield his eyes, carefully navigating past her to avoid accidental glimpses.

But before he could pass, Sophie reached out and gently grabbed his hand. "It's alright, Severus. You don't have to be shy just because I'm like this," she reassured him, her touch conveying warmth and acceptance. He hesitated for a moment before slowly lowering his hand, revealing his closed eyes, putting his trust in her.