*(37) Shower Thoughts

She rubbed the Dark Mark on her left arm, a constant reminder of the loyalty she had once pledged, and flinched every time it tingled or moved, acutely aware that she could feel everything, and therefore, so could he.

As Sophie couldn't find solace in slumber, she decided to take refuge in the luxurious bathroom of the secluded manor. The clock on the wall seemed to mock her, reminding her of the relentless passage of time. Instead, she slipped into the bathroom to prepare for her trip with Severus, determined not to bring up her unsettling conversation with the Dark Lord during the dead hours of the night. She knew the day ahead held challenges she couldn't evade, yet she was determined not to let the unsettling conversation with the Dark Lord haunt her thoughts during the quiet hours of the night.

The bathroom, adorned with intricate silver accents, emanated an aura of grandeur and elegance. The soft glow of white lights illuminated the space, casting dancing shadows on the marble countertops. Sophie glanced at her reflection in the large, ornate mirror, her brown eyes reflecting a mix of determination and vulnerability. Shaking off those thoughts, she turned on the shower, marveling at the sleek silver showerhead suspended from the ceiling. The glass enclosure surrounding her was thick yet somehow almost transparent, creating an intriguing effect like an occupancy sign that was both discreet and alluring.

Noticing the absence of a towel hook, Sophie carefully folded her towel and placed it on the back of the toilet to prevent it from slipping off. With a sense of anticipation, she stepped into the warm cascade of water, allowing it to cleanse every trace of dirt from her skin. The soothing sound of running water drowned out the outside world, allowing her a temporary respite from the tumultuous reality she faced. For a brief moment, she forgot about the dark mark on her arm and absentmindedly scrubbed it, feeling a ticklish sensation that immediately made her stop, hoping that it wouldn't alert Tom.

She lathered her hair with shampoo, thoroughly rinsed it, and applied conditioner, relishing the luxurious feeling. The face wash provided an extra treat, a novelty not available back at school. Sophie indulged in the sensation of the salt-like material gently exfoliating her skin, leaving it smooth and refreshed. She repeated this process three more times, ensuring that her face was flawlessly silky.

Setting the container aside, she performed a final rinse, delicately scrubbing her eyes to remove any remaining remnants. Then, she splashed a few handfuls of water on her face, concluding her beauty ritual.

Gathering her wet hair, she twisted it to expedite drying and reached for the showerhead, but a noise outside the shower caught her attention. It was a soft rustling sound, barely audible over the falling water. Stepping away from the running water, she peered through the glass partition, curious to investigate. The shower area was long, stretching about nine feet, and narrow, roughly three feet wide. The elegant design, with its transparent enclosure and sleek silver fixtures, now felt claustrophobic as her heart pounded in her chest.

To her surprise, her towel was missing from the back of the toilet. Rubbing her eyes in disbelief, she wondered if her vision had failed her or if a mischievous dark wizard was playing tricks on her. The luxurious bathroom, which had offered a momentary sanctuary, now seemed to be conspiring against her; or if a mischievous dark wizard was playing tricks on her.

Turning back toward the shower head, Sophie suddenly realized that someone had stealthily entered the shower with her: Tom. Her breath caught in her throat, and for a moment, the world seemed to freeze around her. His presence was so unexpected, so jarring, that she struggled to find her voice.

"TOM MARVOLO RIDDL—" Sophie began to yell, but before she could finish, he covered her mouth with his bare hand.

"Reveal it to the whole goddamn world, why don't you!" Tom retorted, his eyes flashing with annoyance as Sophie struggled to look anywhere except down. The close proximity sent shivers down her spine, but she refused to let him see her vulnerability. She had faced enough vulnerability in her life already.