*(4) Potions, Padfoot, and Prongs

Severus nodded, determination in his eyes, and together they set off toward their first class of the day.

The two Slytherins gracefully made their way from their common room to the grandiose dungeons, heading towards the Potion's classroom. They arrived second, as a quartet entered from the opposite door. Sophie locked eyes with Sirius, and in a synchronized motion, they glanced at the front row and then back at each other.

It became a race.

Sophie and Sirius bolted towards their desired desks. With two seats per row, the mischievous Marauders were fixated on claiming the front two spots. Sophie swiftly aimed her wand at Sirius and whispered, "Confundo."

Sirius momentarily paused, then regained his composure. "Hey, that's cheating!" he protested.

Sophie grinned triumphantly as she claimed the left side of the front row, leaving room for Severus to sit beside her.

The other boys sighed and begrudgingly settled for their respective seats. Severus hurriedly occupied his spot, wary of potential pranks from the boys behind him. He placed his books next to Sophie's and took his place beside her.

"Thanks," he expressed bluntly.

James restrained Sirius, preventing him from lunging at the pair of Slytherins.

"One of these days, I swear to it," Sirius proclaimed, eventually giving up and sighing.

Remus mirrored the sigh and seated himself in the second row on the right side, with Peter following suit and taking the seat to Remus's right. Lily joined another Gryffindor girl in the back left corner.

Once the rest of the Gryffindors and Slytherins entered the classroom, their professor materialized before them. "Ah, apologies for my tardiness," he acknowledged.

"It was only a minute, professor," a boy from the back row pointed out.

"I have a duty to be punctual and be held accountable for my time misjudgments. A minute could cost me my job," Slughorn responded, smiling at the student in the back. His gaze then swept across the class and settled on Sophie. "Oh, we have a new student among us. Sophie, would you kindly stand?"

Sophie's eyes widened with surprise at being called upon. She rose from her seat and faced Professor Slughorn.

"Since you're new, let's test your knowledge... how about a little game? A Slytherin versus Gryffindor game," Slughorn proposed with a mischievous smile.

"That sounds fun, professor," Sophie lied, not wanting to appear weak to Severus or her fellow Slytherins. She approached Slughorn's table on the left side.

"And who would like to volunteer for the Gryffindor side?" Slughorn inquired, casting his gaze back at the class.

All hands pointed towards Remus, but before he could accept or decline, someone interjected, "I'll go." Sirius stood up from his chair.

Sophie concealed a small smile, knowing Sirius would be a formidable opponent for this challenge. Slughorn opened his book to the back index and quickly scanned it.

"Ah, here we are. The first question," he paused, glancing at Sophie and then Sirius, "Whoever can name the most uses for dragon's blood wins. I'll provide the parchment, but you must use your quill."

Sophie and Sirius both smiled.

'She won't know many, so I'll make it seem like she's smart,' Sirius thought as he returned to his desk for his quill.

'I'm about to outshine Sirius Black, the other SB,' Sophie thought, heading back to her desk. She picked up her quill and opted for grey ink instead of the typical black.