Chapter 57) I Want The Truth

Start from the beginning

We nodded as she looked frustrated with tears in her eyes once more.

"Is this because I was put into a coma and they wanted to change who I was all because I lost my memory? They thought they could make me one of them by manipulating me this whole time?"

"Sadly, yes." I looked down.

"I cannot believe they're doing this to me!" Ashley cried.

"I know, I just wouldn't trust them."

Ashley started to sob as I pulled her close to me.

"I'm here, Ashley." I whispered into her ear.

I pulled her int my embrace as she wrapped both of her arms around me. This felt nice and I missed hugging her like this. It's like the old Ashley was hugging me.

"Thank you both."

"Hey, it's no problem." Ambrose smiled.

"When do you think I can get out of here?"

"I can ask the office and see if we can get you out of here today."

"I appreciate this, you two."

I stood up from my chair and left to the main office to get some answers whether or not Ashley can leave with us or not.

Dean
I watched Roman leave the room for a moment. However, I seen Ashley looking at me with confusion in her eyes. She looked like she in deep thought about many things in which I understood. She's been through a lot.

"Hey."

"What's up, Ashley?"

"Nothing, I'm just frustrated."

"Why's that, kiddo?"

"I remember that last night, Seth came in here and tried kissing on me and giving me affection. But here's the thing, I felt nothing for him, but when Roman comes in here and hugs me, I feel this sudden connection with him. Is it true that he loves me?"

I nodded, "Roman does love you, Ashley. Do you wanna know something that he did while you were in a coma?"

"What did he do?"

"Well." He cleared his throat. "He sat next to you the entire time, holding your hand and never wanted to attend any wrestling events that he was forced to work into because you were in that severe coma. He always refused to leave your side. Roman had trouble sleeping and he was trying to stay awake to make sure that you weren't going to die on him. He even struggled to eat everyday. Eva Marie, that red-headed girl that visited you yesterday, she tried to make Roman eat things like a sandwich or even a small bag of chips so he could gain enough strength to keep his muscles intact; and lastly, he cried every single day over you and worried about your health twenty-four seven."

"He really loves me, doesn't he?"

I nodded. "Yes, he does."

Ashley looked down onto her blanket and started crying.

"What made us break-up if he cares about me so much?" She looked up at me with a tear falling down her cheek.

"Here's the problem, there was this woman named Charlotte Flair who works with us, and she always hated you for unknown reasons. You made plans to hang out with Eva at the time to get to know her more and Roman insisted on tagging along with me and my girlfriend, Renee. Charlotte waited until Roman was at the gym with us and she approached him, kissing him on the cheek. We both assumed at first that it was intentional, but we eventually found out that Seth took the picture. Roman looked upset and full of anger when she shown it on the big-screen in front of you. Sadly, you believed her words in the beginning and it caused you both to break-up for awhile."

"I don't know what to say. I'm absolutely speechless."

"I know, but here's what happened the night you were put into your coma an hour prior. Ashley, I stood next to you as you were alone and I told you that Charlotte was behind everything. Thankfully, I talked you into following me to his locker-room. When we made it there, you and Roman talked things out and..."

We heard the door opening to see Roman entering the room. He looked at us with a smile on his face and then it started to fade when he seen Ashley in tears.

"Ashley, are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah. He was just telling me what happened before my coma and how you were always here with me when I was unconscious for almost a month."

"What he's telling you is the truth, Ashley."

"He was about to tell me what happened after I went into your locker-room the night Raw was happening, before I was put into a coma."

Roman sighed, "I'll tell her the story."

"Ashley. When you arrived into my locker-room before the show started, I was concerned and I thought you were going to call me names and stuff, but it turned out Ambrose told you the truth about what Charlotte had done. She never liked us being together at the time; neither did Seth and it was the worst experience of my life and that worst experience was that I lost you."

"What did we talk about?"

"Well Ashley, we talked things through and you didn't want to be my girlfriend for awhile and you were going to wait to tell me your answer before WrestleMania. I accepted your wish at the time. In the meantime, I was getting ready to have my two segments until you needed to get ready for your match and you left to prepare for your upcoming match."

"What happened after that?"

Ambrose and I looked at each other with sadness in our eyes.

"Well, you were on your way to the locker-room while getting yourself a bottle of water until Charlotte came up from behind you and hit you in the head with a steel chair and said, "Sweet dreams" while having the biggest smile on her face and walked away.

"How do you guys know about that if you weren't around?"

"Here's what happened. Sasha was wandering around backstage and she seen that blood was pouring down around your head and she immediately called the ambulance. You were admitted to the hospital as quick as possible."

I looked at her with sadness in my eyes. "What killed me was that after my segments, I was told by Ambrose and his girlfriend that you were in the hospital."

"When you were in the coma, our friend, Dolph, along with I, went to the WWE Headquarters to find the surveillance footage of what happened. That's how come we knew it was Charlotte who put you into that coma." Ambrose said.

"Not to mention they snuck outside to hearing Charlotte and Seth saying how you were gullible to believe that Seth had changed and how she had no regrets of putting you into that coma. It made all of us pissed off to hear them laughing about the situation."

"I couldn't imagine." Her head dropped in defeat, "Seth really lied to me, didn't he?"

We both nodded.

"Why is he doing this to me?"

"Because, he wanted you all to himself."

"I had no feelings towards him when he kissed me and said he loved me."

"It's because deep down, you love Roman."

"I really do love him. Until I get my memory back, I can't be in another relationship."

"Look, I understand because I want to help you get back to yourself again."

"I'm really sorry that I lost my memory, and I'm putting the both of you through this." Ashley apologized.

"Never apologize for something that you never meant to happen." I said.

"Did you talk to the hospital about letting me leave today?" She asked.

"You're able to leave today, but I want you to stick with Ambrose and I, Ashley."

She nodded, "I'll do that, thank you both so much."

"You're welcome. Now let's get you out of the hospital." Roman said, holding his hand out for her and helped her up from the bed. Her knees were wobbly due to the fact she hasn't walked in forever due to her coma.

This was going to be a long road to recovery for Ashley.