Best version of him

I was with Thomas when the doctor told him the news about Kim's miscarriage and i had no idea how he would react. I wasn't even sure if he knew about her pregnancy or not.

''She was pregnant?'' he didn't know?

''yes sir, you didn't know?''

''obviously i didn't,'' he said sitting down in the nearest chair. I went to him 

''Mr Scott are you ok?'' 

''I just don't know what i'm feeling. why didn't she tell me abut this? I mean this is a big deal.''

''Maybe she had a very good reason for that, don't you think? I mean people don't hide something like this for no reason. So i think she had a pretty important one.'' 

''What do i do?''

''You need to talk to her, she will tell you everything, i'm sure. And don't push her. She will tell you, when she is ready..''

''I care for her so much and i lover her more then anything in the world, she changed my life for the best but yet i feel so disappointed in her.''

''She loves you too Thomas, that's for sure and she cares for you like you have been with her from day one, i mean look how she cares about your son and everything that is connected with you. I also understand how you feel, i get disappointed too but that's how life is, and if you really love someone you gotta let them explain why they did the thing and if you are not satisfied you gotta let them go.''

''Brilliant words Tessa, i almost feel like you have been through a same kind of situation. you seem so familiar with it.'' 

''Yeah, lets just say that my life wasn't all butterflies and roses for the past months.''

''everything will be alright. You are a very good girl and i'm so happy that you are in Hardin's life. He has changed so much. He didn't have any relationship with Kim, he acted like he hated her and he was barely talking to me. Like we didn't exist for him. But when he met you i noticed a huge change and i'm very grateful for that. You mad the best version of him.''

''I'm really happy that i could help. He is an amazing person, with a golden heart and even tho he doesn't show that he cares sometimes, believe me, he cares the most and the first. I don't know if he told you that or not but he met his mom.

''What? why?''

''She was sitting on his porch when we came home and she acted all innocent, like she wanted to come back to the family and be a great mother to Hardin but of course Hardin being Hardin didn't believe her so she told the truth''

''And what was that?''

''She wanted 5000$''

''Why in the world would she need that much money?''

''She said that she owed it to someone and if she didn't give it back in time, she was going to be killed.''

''So Hardin gave her the money?''

''Yes, what else could he do?''

''Nothing, he did the right thing. I'm proud of him. Don't leave him Tessa, i know he has done some stupid things, he is not perfect but he is trying, and he loves you like nobody else. That's a kind of love i had for his mother when we first met.''

''Really?''

''Yeah, i was madly in love with her and i was a troublemaker like Hardin. I also changed for her and how you see we got married and had an amazing son but she ruined everything by getting into alcohol.''

''why? i'm sorry if i'm asking too many question, you don't have to answer if you don't want to''

''No i feel like you need to know. Lets just say that her friends weren't perfect and they dragged her in. Her high school crush was also in her group of friend and yeah you can guess how it all ended.''

''I'm sorry. It must have been really hard.''

''You cant even imagine...'' after a while of talking we decided to go back to Hardin as doctors didn't let anyone to see Kim. when we entered Hardin's room we saw one person in his room whom we would like to see. And who's visit would surprise us the most...

Who was in Hardin's room?