Past becoming Present

Tessa's pov.

I bought 2 coffees and entered Hardin's office. While i was getting closer to his room i heard talking, he was talking to someone who was a girl, but i couldn't see her face yet, tho her voice was familiar to me. I went closer to the door and saw Mary standing very close to Hardin and her hand on his mouth. What the hell was happening? Why was she here?

''My bad, i only bought 2 coffees, but its ok, i see you guys can share it,'' i said and put the coffees on the table, i kept running to the elevator wishing to leave this building as soon as possible. I could hear Hardin coming after me and saying

''Tess, its not what it looks like. I can explain everything, she came to me, i didn't do anything to her.''

''Maybe its time you tell her already Hardin?'' i heard Mary yell. I stopped, turned around and asked

''Tell me what Hardin?'' he didn't answer. ''Hardin, tell me what?'' i said with an angry voice, half screaming

''That she.. she works here with me''

''What? That's why you were so nervous?''

''Yes, i'm sorry i didn't want you to know, i didn't want cause any more problems.''

''Save it, really, you could have told me, i'm your girlfriend, i support you in any way possible and i believed you, when you said that everything was in the past with her. But now.. i hardly believe it.'' i said and stormed out 

I went to the nearest park and made sure i was in a place where no one could see me. i started to cry. Why would he do that to me? He lied to me, he didn't even stopped me when i said about the past becoming the present. Was he really sleeping with her? this questions were flying in my mind making more tears. I spent 4 hours in the park. After a while i turned my phone on, which was turned off for the past 5 or 6 hours. I noticed 50 missed calls from Hardin, 34 missed calls form mom and dad, and 47 from Noah. I had to tell them that i'm ok, or else they would freak out, if they haven't, yet.

''Mom?''

''Tessa, honey, where were you? we have tried to reach you for 5 hours straight,''

''Yeah sorry mom i was out and my phone died,'' i lied

''Were you crying?'' i didn't answer her

''Theresa, what did he do to you?''

''Nothing mom, just know that i'm ok and tell Noah too, i have to go. Love you, bye'' i said hanging up, not letting her finish her sentence. I decided to go to the hotel on foot, even though it was 9 pm and i had to walk for 2 hours. I didn't want to face Hardin, i didn't know what i was going to tell him, so i would do nearly everything not to go to the hotel.

After walking for 2 hours, i finally reached the hotel. i went into our room, Hardin was sitting on the bed, his head on his hands and phone in his hand. God this view was killing me, i wanted to run and hug him telling that i forgive him but i knew i couldn't. 

''Tessa,'' he said looking at me, he had red eyes, i saw tears running down his eyes.

''Please talk to me, i didn't do anything, she came to my room and i couldn't stop her, but i haven't done anything to her, i swear''

''Hardin.. i believe you, i believe that you didn't do anything to her, but whats bothering me is that why you didn't tell me that she was working with you?''

''I didn't want to cause any more problems for you''

''Hardin, you are not a problem, i am supportive over you, yes i would be a little bit mad that you get to see her every single day, but i believe you and trust you.''

''God, sorry. You cant even imagine how worried i was,'' he said hugging me, i hugged him back and after a while we heard loud sirens form the window. Hardin quickly released form the hug and ran to his phone. 

''what are you doing?''

''I have to call the police''

''Why?''

''I did something...''

What did Hardin do?

Why did he have to call the police?