The court

We reached the court. I didn't talk for the whole ride, i didn't know what to say, as much as i wanted to be supportive i had the cold tears under my eyes which i tried to hide form him for the whole ride.

''Tess, dear are you ok?'' asked Kim (Hardin's step mom)

''Yeah, i'm ok,'' i said turning around and looking at her, she noticed my red eyes and hugged me, i couldn't bear the tears and started to cry. 

''Shh honey, everything is gonna be ok, he is gonna be free, we have hired the best lawyer.''

''Thank you,'' i said wiping the tears form my eyes and looking at Hardin, who was holding his head 

''Go to him, he needs you now.'' i stood up and went to him.

''Hey''

''Hey,'' he said looking up, ''i thought you were sleeping''

''No, are you ok?''

''I don't wanna leave you alone Tessa''

''You are not going to leave me alone Hardin, you are gonna come out of this building with me in an hour, believe me,'' i said sitting next to him and putting one hand on his leg.

''I'm so messed up'' he said covering his eyes

''Hey, you are not messed up, look at me,'' is said and went in front of him, kneeling down to see his face, i took his hands away from it and looked into his eyes

''You are gonna be ok, we love you, all of us, we support you and you are gonna come back home today with me. Just trust me.''

''Thanks for believing in it, at least,''

''Hardin don't say that please, everything will be better then before, you will come home with me and Mary will rot in the jail for the next 10 years'' i said trying to smile. He pecked my lips and someone called us. we went to the room where it all will be held. We saw Mary and i took the chance and whispered on her ear.

''You are gonna lose,'' she just looked at me and the court began.

After 40 minutes of everyone talking, i could only say 1 thing, Mary's lawyer was winning. He was saying things that judge was listening to very attentively and taking notes unlike our lawyer. I was getting worried and was looking at Hardin every second to see his reaction but couldn't because he wasn't turning around. He was sitting in his place without moving, his back leaned in a chair.

It was time for the judge to finally say the final answer.

''We will tell the final answer in a short break,'' said the judge and went out of the room, i ran to Hardin. he stood up and whispered in his father's ear. His father went to our lawyer and said something, while they were talking i took the opportunity and hugged Hardin. 

''Shh everything will be fine, i already told my father about the lawyer.''

''What?''

''Yeah i noticed that his voice wasn't heard and my father told him something after which he will work better i hope.''

''Yeah i hope so too,'' he kissed my forehead and went back to his seat. The judge came back and said

''The amount of years in jail is gonna be 10 years and those years will be given to...

Who will this years be given to? 

Mary      or     Hardin