Merman!Hanzo x Reader : Happy Place

Почніть із самого початку

The second your skin made contact with the air, coughs wracked your body and forced the water from your lungs. It burned even more on its way back out and tears stung your eyes, not that it was noticeable. You gasped for breath, squeezing your eyes shut as you tried to get your bearings. When you finally opened your eyes, you saw the shore shrinking in the distance. You went to protest, turning to see whoever had rescued you but stopped in your tracks.

The tanned skin of the man who had saved you glistened in the low light of the sunset. His hair was black, long and flowing and he had a soft stubble coating his sharp jawline. His eyes were a soft amber but were drawn into a tight scowl as he lifted you up and set you into a small boulder that had been jutting out from the sea. Silence fell between the two of you as he simply inspected your leg where that thing had grabbed you.

"Who are you?" You finally built up the courage to ask.

"My name is Hanzo," he grumbled in response and you quickly gathered he wasn't one for friendly small talk. You leaned back against the stone and closed your eyes, your body shaking as you tried to calm yourself. The panic had finally subsided but you continued to shiver regardless, the cold air freezing your wet form.

"Why did you save me?" You questioned quietly, not moving from where you laid. You were trying to conserve energy to stay warm.

"You should remove your clothes," Hanzo said suddenly, cause your eyes to snap open and a blush to coat your cheeks. He rolled his eyes at your reaction. "You are going to get sick if you stay in those clothes. It is far too cold." You nodded hesitantly, slowly stripped off your shirt and pants before laying out on the stone again.

As you laid there with your eyes closed, Hanzo was admiring your beauty. The way your face looked so peaceful, mere moments after being attacked and the way your body language seemed to carry a touch of elegance despite how exhausted you must've been. You were truly the most beautiful woman he had ever seen and he was drawn to you in every way possible. Slowly he reached out and took your hand into his own, gently rubbing circles into the back of it. This caused you to hum contently and Hanzo could feel the warmth spread across his cheeks, his heart thrumming.

"It is far too dangerous for you to head back," he broke the silence. "Do you trust me?"

"Yes," you answered without pause. He saved your life, of course you trusted him. With one hand in his, you sat up as he guided you back into the water. He placed his hands under your thighs and lifted you so your legs were around his hips. As your foot brushed the back of his thigh, you realized you felt something... scaly? Maybe it was just the texture of his swim trunks.

Slowly, Hanzo began to sink into the water, his arms around your waist so you couldn't back out. You squeezed your eyes shut and took a deep breath before you went under, hoping that whatever Hanzo was doing was worth it. He tapped gently on the side of your head and you opened your eyes, the feeling of salt burning against them.

You took in the full form of Hanzo and gasped water back into your lungs upon seeing that he didn't have legs. No, instead of legs he had one long tail. You shot back to the surface of the water, panting and panicking as Hanzo resurfaced beside you.

"You're a merman!" You shouted suddenly, a smile overtaking your features. You leapt forward, wrapping your arms around his neck and hugging onto him tightly. "You're a merman." You said again, this time much quieter, more to yourself than him. His chest rumbled as he chuckled at your reaction. His wrapped his arms around your waist to keep you from sinking back into the water and you leaned back, inspecting his face.

"Why would you share that with me of all people?" You asked softly, scanning his eyes for some hidden emotion.

"I remember when I was a boy," he started, leaning his head back in thought. "There was a girl who looked identical to you who would run around like she owned this beach. It made me want to be human every time I saw her. To be able to run around with her and play with her. But then she stopped coming. I didn't see her for years, until today that it." He gave you a genuine smile.

"I made you want to be human?" You were puzzled. How could someone ever want to be human? "This is like the reverse Little Mermaid." You giggled softly to yourself and Hanzo tilted his head, confused.

"What's that?"

"Oh it's a movie about a mermaid who wanted to be human because she saw a handsome man on the shore and she wanted to be with him," Hanzo's cheeks tinted pink in the low light of the moon as you explained it to him, causing you to laugh again. "It's okay, I'll bring a fish bowl next time and I can take you home in it and we can watch it together." He put his hand on your head and dunked you under the water, stifling a chuckle as he did.

"Okay okay I'm sorry!" You laughed loudly as you resurfaced, smiling up at him.

After that, you made weekly trips to the beach just to see your merman.