Chapter 52) Depression

Start from the beginning

"I said leave me alone!" I shouted at everyone and noticed she stopped breathing. I shook her around with my eyes widening.

"Ashley? Ashley? Ashley!"

"This cannot be happening, man. Ashley can't be dead." Ambrose said, sobbing.

One minute later, we seen the heart monitor showing that she was breathing again and I hugged her close to me.

"Ashley..." I sighed, "Don't leave me."

With a miracle, her breathing was back to normal within seconds.

The doctor looked at the monitor and noticed how she went from not breathing, to being able to breathe again and his eyes widened with shock.

"I've never seen this coming from a coma patient before!"

"What does this mean?" I asked.

"I'm unsure of her waking up anytime soon, but usually if a coma patient stops breathing, they're pronounced dead on the spot. But she's beginning to breathe again which is a very good sign. Hopefully she awakens from her coma very soon. This is something that I've never seen before!"

"I'm worried about her. I want her to wake up as soon as possible."

"Mr. Anoa'i, we'll have to wait and see. None of us are sure if she's going to wake up or not."

"Roman, I'm sure she's going to wake up soon. Come on, you need to eat," said Sasha.

"Look, I cannot leave Ashley's side."

"Dude, you're starting to lose your muscles and you're becoming even more skinnier." Ambrose sighed and looked at me with disbelief.

"Please, do this for Ashley, son. If you won't eat for us, do it for her." My father said.

I sighed, "Sure."

Sasha and Eva escorted me towards the cafeteria where I could grab something to eat, and to hopefully give me enough strength after losing a few pounds.

"Is there anything you'd want?"

"Sasha, I don't know. Give me whatever's on the menu."

"I see a sandwich with a cookie, would that work?" Eva asked.

"I guess that'll work."

"Cheer up, Roman. I have a feeling she'll wake up soon."

My phone rang and to my surprise, it was Vince.

"Roman, we're going to need you for Raw and SmackDown next week." Vince said.

I sighed, "Why?"

"Look, you're currently in a feud with Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship for WrestleMania. You need to be at work or else I have no other choice but to fire you. You wouldn't want to lose your job, or your shot at main eventing the biggest show in the WWE, would you?"

"Ashley's in her coma and I'm worried sick about her."

"She'll be fine, Roman. I'll see you next week for Raw and SmackDown."

He hung up and I hit the cafeteria table as hard as I could.

"I'm so goddamn tired of Vince! That bastard!"

"What did he do this time?" They both asked.

"He's forcing me to go to work next week, knowing the woman I love is in a coma."

"Roman, we'll take care of her while you take care of what you need to do."

"Thank you."

"It's no problem, we love Ashley like you do."

"Like I do?" I chuckled, "Eva, I love her."

"I love her too, Roman. You're going to have to share."

"Nah, I don't think so."

"I'm kidding but seriously, we will take care of her while you're at work."

"You trust us, don't you?" Sasha asked.

"Of course I do, you both are her best friends."

I started eating the turkey sandwich.

"I'm glad you're eating. I know you're worried about Ashley but I know she'll wake up very soon. Ashley's a really strong woman if she's overcoming her second coma." Eva added.

"I still wonder who done this to her." I sighed.

Sasha scoffed, "Probably Charlotte. She always talks trash about her and we're sick of it."

We kept talking while I continued to eat for the first time in forever. When we made it into her room, she was still motionless. I sat down next to her and kissed her forehead.

"Don't you see how cute they are together?" Eva whispered at Ambrose and Sasha as they stood from afar.

"Very cute together. I miss my girlfriend," said Ambrose.

"Where's Renee at, Dean?" Sasha asked.

"She's having to do something for the WWE. I won't see her until tomorrow."

"Also, I want to see what happened to Ashley. I'm going to sneak into the security room tomorrow and see what I can find, and I'll tell Roman everything."

"You better take someone with you." Eva said.

Dolph came into the room and went to check on Ashley.

"Hey, man. How's Ashley doing?" He asked.

"She's still in her coma and she almost died on us."

"Are you serious? She almost died?"

"Yes." I said.

"No, man. Now I have a reason to be even more worried about her now!"

Ambrose stood up from his chair and looked at Dolph with a stern look on his face.

"Hey Dolph, I need you to help me with something."

He looked at Ambrose, confused. "Sure?"

"Alright. I plan on sneaking into the WWE Headquarters tomorrow morning and I need you to help me because I cannot do this alone."

"If it's to find out who caused this to Ashley, I'm all in."

"Thank you, Dolph."

"Good luck tomorrow, guys." I said.

"Thanks, brother." He replied.