Chapter 50) It's My Fault

Start from the beginning

She didn't respond.

"Please wake up soon, I love you."

Again, no response.

Ashley had me terrified when she was in a coma for the first time. I was afraid that she would die. I kept sobbing. Everyone continued watching me break down into tears but at this point, I didn't care. I just cared about knowing if the woman I love was going to wake up from her coma and remember me.

"Visiting hours are over." The doctor looked at me.

"I refuse to leave, doctor."

"But we advise all visitors to leave and come back tomorrow."

I scoffed, "I'm not leaving her side."

The doctor felt defeated and dropped his head, "Alright, you're free to leave at any time."

"Thank you."

He closed the door. Before everyone left for the night, Ambrose walked over to me in attempt to give me some comfort.

"Hey man. Don't blame yourself for any of this. And don't beat yourself up. We love you, Rome."

"Thank you, Ambrose."

Ambrose and Renee were the last two to leave the room. I sat down next to Ashley and refused to eat anything. I couldn't withhold any tears and proceeded to cry.

I looked at her and moved the hair from her face once more and kissed her forehead.

"Ashley." I sighed. "I know you wanted time to think about getting back together with me, but I want you to know something if you can hear me. Whether you want to wait days, months, or even years to be my girlfriend again, I will be willing to wait the time for your decision. I'm sorry that I wasn't the best boyfriend in the world; however, I promise when you wake up, I will make everything up to you in the best way possible."

I smiled as tears kept falling from my face while holding her hand. "Look at you, you're so goddamn beautiful."

A nurse came into the room and handed me something to eat like a small bag of potato chips. I just looked at it and didn't feel like eating.

I scanned around Ashley's head and noticed that her head was bleeding after being hit. I seen blood on the pillow when I slowly and gently lifted her head. It was unbearable to witness.

"R-"

"Ashley?" My eyes widened.

I watched as she became unresponsive again. Ashley was very strong as she kept trying to talk to me. It's like she heard everything I said and then couldn't speak since her brain wouldn't allow her. This kept making my heart drop. She kept trying but no movements, no more speaking after she tried calling my name. She laid there with her eyes closed.

"Ashley, no matter what happens, just know that I love you and one day, I want to marry you and live a happy, fulfilling life with you by my side. And hopefully have children with you like you've always wanted." I said.

I kept holding her hand as my chin was resting against the metal railing of the bed. I fell asleep while refusing to leave her side.

The following morning, I was asleep until the door opened around eight in the morning.

"Roman, you're still here?" Ambrose looked at me, surprised.

I lifted my head up as I woke up and looked behind me to seeing Ambrose, Renee, Eva, Nikki, Brie, Daniel, Sasha, Cena, and many others surrounding the room.

"Of course, I can't leave Ashley." I looked at her.

"Anything happen in particular last night?" Sasha asked.

"She tried to say my name and became unresponsive again."

"She did? She's a very strong woman, Rome." Ambrose said.

"I'm going to inform the doctor, I'll be back!" Renee said.

"And what's with the bag of potato chips?" Ambrose raised an eyebrow at me.

"The nurse gave them to me last night; I refuse to eat them."

"Roman, you need to eat." Eva put the chips on my lap in hopes that I would eat.

"I can't. I need to make sure that Ashley is going to be okay."

"You really love her, don't you?" Cena looked at me.

"If I didn't, I wouldn't be here. She's my entire world, John."

I started to break down again in front of everyone as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Take it easy, Roman. I know Ashley's going to wake up soon, trust me." Dolph said.

"What happened to Ashley?" Miz asked, opening the door.

"She suffered a second coma within the past few months. None of us know what happened besides Sasha since she's the reason the ambulance brought Ashley here."

Everyone then turned to look over at Sasha.

"I was backstage and I seen Ashley laying on the ground and there was blood all over the floor. I panicked and called for an ambulance as fast as I could." Sasha said.

"Do you assume that someone must have hit her and caused her to collapse?" Dolph assumed.

"That's something none of us know about, Dolph." I said.

"Well, one of us needs to confront Hunter and Vince and see if we can get some security footage."

"The authority isn't going to let us do that, Miz." Dolph replied.

"Look, I'll do it and I don't care what happens to me. I just want my best friend and someone I consider my little sister to be alright again." Ambrose insisted.

The doctor walked in with Renee and he looked astonished after he told him that Ashley tried to speak while being in a coma. It was rare for these phenomena's to occur.

"Mr. Anoa'i? What  did Ashley say last night to you?"

"All she said was 'R-' and then paused."

"That's a little bit of progress, has she moved or anything since?"

I sighed, "No."

"We'll see what we can do from here." He replied.

Everyone was still inside of the room while Ashley was still in her coma. I was worried about her and I didn't know what was happening. If she were to lose her memory or possibly die, I'd be a disaster.

Ambrose walked out of the room with his phone and I heard him speaking with someone, "Alright, so he's not going to be on SmackDown? Alright, I'll tell him. Thank you, sir."

He hung up the phone. I opened the door and he looked surprised to see me standing behind him.

"Were you listening to me on the phone?"

"Vince, huh?"

"Yeah. I tried to make him let you take SmackDown off; but thankfully, you don't have a match. Unfortunately, you'll have to do this interview with Byron Saxton tomorrow. He said you could stay here with Ashley until Monday since the interview is being recorded and it'll premiere on SmackDown."

"Vince is showing compassion? Wow, I didn't expect that. Thanks, Ambrose."

"Hey, what are best friends for?" He fistbumped me.

We went back into the room and seen Eva sobbing.

"Eva, what's happening?" I panicked.

"Nothing so far. I'm just worried about her."

"We all are." I sighed.

Everyone was scheduled to be at a live event later today and it was almost just Ashley and I, all alone inside of the hospital room.

I kissed her on the lips whispered, "Ashley, I'm so sorry for all of this. It's all my fault."

I felt myself about to cry, sitting down next to her and held her hand. I couldn't stop worrying about her.