The Dinner

"If you all are done talking, than the dinner is ready lets have our dinner." Purnima announced as she walked in the leaving room. She than turned towards Akshi and asked,

"Akshi mind helping us in the kitchen a bit?" being the current hot topic and with the persistent glances that she was getting from Abhi, for Akshi this was the perfect escape. Standing up quickly she sauntered towards the kitchen as Purnima once again asked Trisha to make sure that within 10 minutes everyone would be in the dining area.

"You go and set the table, I will bring in the food." Purnima said and walked off to the kitchen, as Akshi walked towards the huge dinning table. The long and huge table that had a capacity to accommodate almost 15 people was stretched out in a corridor like area right outside the kitchen and after entering into a room which was made by breaking down the walls of two rooms.

Akshi picked up the plates from the table where they kept the crockery one by one. She was about to walk back to pick up the bowls when she saw preeti walking towards her with the bowls.

She smiled at her and said, "I was about to get them."

"Yep, I know, but Mom and chachi hardly let me work in the kitchen, I can bet soon Sonika babhi would be out as well." Preeti said as she set the bowls beside the plates that Akshi had laid infront of each chair on the table.

"They threw me out as well." Sonika complained, which only made the later laugh. "You guys are lucky that mom and badi maa are letting you off the hook, when I was here I would have to help them out everytime. At that time I used to think once my sister inlaws would be here I wouldn't have to work, but here I am still working." Akshi teased as her sister in laws gaped at her.

"So we are making you work?" Preeti narrowed her eyes at her as she walked towards her and began to tickle her.

"Wait till you are married off to Abhi," Sonika said as she placed the forks and spoon. "I am not at all worried about that, Abhi's mom is sweet, we have actually hit it off very well." Akshi said in spur of a moment and once she realized what she said she looked at the two ladies who stood there looking at her.

"What?" she asked, trying to ignore their questioning gaze, as she took out the tissue papers, wine glass and the glasses of water.

"You met them at their place in pune? When?", Preeti asked, her voice quite serious.

"Bhabhi, why is there any problem?" it worried Akshi that what could possibly be wrong with that. Their meet was something she had never thought would be with her future in laws and she was happy to know that it had ended up preety well.

"No, there isn't any problem, but how was it, did they like you back than..." Preeti asked again as she made her way towards her.

"Yeah, we had pretty much gelled up immediately. I was preety nervous in the beginning and trust me Sonika bhabhi your words didn't comfort as well, in fact that day it was his parents anniversary."Akshi pushed back her hair behind her ear the way she always did when she had to narrate something which had been quite happening for her.

"And that stupid Abhi he didn't even tell me about it, when I went there I came to know. And when his parents came to know that he kept that from me they scolded him instead, his mom and dad welcomed me quite warmly, it was because of them and Aishwarya di that my decision to back became more firm." Akshi said as she smiled at preeti trying to answer all her worries.

"Akshi, I am really happy for what all is going in your life now child, but please don't get me wrong, from what I see this is going to be a long engagement, I want you to take baby step, undertsand things learn them and then react, cut my words if I am wrong Bhabhi,"