ohh shit the lights are ON!!!

edited by : midnight_coffee 

Pulling on the straps of her bag on her shoulder, once again – Akshita began to run as if to save her life, with her younger brother and sister, following suite.

The site was quite fascinating for tge passerby, but the energy which had consumed had made Akshita beljeve that she was soon going to be exhausted.

"Come on guys run faster or it won't be good for us." Akshita yelled at her siblings while successfully dodging the fisherwomen on the early April morning.

Everything was going according to the plan for Akshita, but just at the last moment the western railways of Mumbai decided to take a halt just at the beginning of the platform. And by snap of tge fingers... She was late- like brutally late.

'God! One would think someone is after my life!' She thought, yet her legs didn't stop. She kept on running towards the exit of the Church gate station. What a luck she had. It was the first day of her school, with her being in 10th standard, and here, just because of these never trusting railways she was late again.

"God Yash can't you run quickly, we are surely going to miss the bus, with this speed of yours." Being as slaphappy as her brother always was, he didn't understand why his sister was so persistent of traveling in that bus itself.

It would always look as if it was the last bus going to their school and if they would miss it then neither could they go home, or to school...it would be a big problem in short.

But somehow walking past or rather pushing through the irritated concourse of that April morning, Akshi and her siblings got to the bus stop from where they could go to their school.

"Beta pass.", the conductor asked as soon as the passengers had got into the bus. Akshita dived into her never ending bag and after a lot of difficulty took out her pass, which had her photograph which was clicked at the BEST depot, she was in her school uniform with hair combed nicely in two plaits. That was the worst rule of the school- "the hair should be plaited."

The bus conductor gave her a smile and walked off to other passengers once he checked her and her sister's pass.

Heaving out a much needed sigh, Akshita looked outside the window. She loved the nature to the core, but it was quite difficile now to find a much beautiful place quite easily in the city- Mumbai.

"Di, your phone is ringing," her sister screamed into Akshita's ears... quite an unwanted act which she would always pull out to irritate her elder sister.

Akshita glared at her, though she knew nothing was going to work out with the idiot of her sister. Ignoring the sweet and creepy smile which her sister Trisha was giving her, Akshita answered the call. It was her mom.

"Hey Maa!"(mother), she tried to be enthusiastic. It was quite difficult though, firstly she was very sleepy and secondly the whole lot of running had taken a toll on her.

"Did you all reach church gate?" Akshita's maa, Mrs. Arpita Singhaniya asked – Arpita was a sweet and beautiful lady, one to be adored by everyone, though she was in her late 40's she had the heart of one in her late 50's. A lady to be called quite sophisticated, a strong believer of God as well as the shastras, but all in all a great bahu(daughter in law) and mother. Akshita and and her mother had a relation which every Indian mother and daughter had– nothing too fancy, but not too dull either.

Akshita could neither share much with her mom and nor could she hide much from her as well. It was quite weird but then the relation itself was canny.

"Yeah Maa, we reached... It's just that the train had taken a long halt just before church gate," Akshita clarified before her Maa would even ask about her not so enthusiastic voice.