Tackling Situations - 1

"Say something?" Abhi asked as the rest of the table and as well the tables nearby kept on looking at the two in shock.

Surely it was a surprise, firstly with Abhi being quite known in the college due to his position and secondly him asking this question for the first time since the last two years.

"I... I don't know what to say?" the confused brain and stanza of Akshi wasn't able to understand what it was that she was supposed to say on this.

Surely a sensible side of her expected her to say Yes and so did the unreasonable one, but what confused her was, it was like for the whole while that she had been in the college and while she waited for him to come he didn't appear, and then all of a sudden he shows up and asks the most unexpected question.

"Say Yes-"

"Or May be NO?" Mehek said, as she completed the statement for Abhi who turned to her and glared at the smiling fiancé of his best friend.

"Akshi..."

"Wait a minute, let me breath..." Akshi took a deep breath and took hold of the glass of water that thankfully lulu had a presence of mind to offer her while the rest kept on staring at her.

Once assured she was in her best of wits she cleared her throat and said, "Abhi where were you since morning? I had been worried for you, and then you come up all of a sudden and ask me if I could be your girlfriend..."

"And why did you eat my paneer?" Aron asked in a very irritated voice cutting off Akshi's Rant.

Abhi looked at Aron with a menacing glare and said, "I will talk to you later on, and you..." he once again looked at Akshi and took hold of her hands and kissed her knuckles and said,

"I am sorry, I wanted to ask you yesterday itself but Kartik was busy pestering us and I might have not slept the whole night thinking how I would ask you only to sleep in the wee hours resulting in me sleeping in."

Abhi was busy scratching his head as he failed to see the cute smile that had appeared on Akshi's face.

Pulling her hands out of his, Akshi cupped his cheeks in her hand and leaned in closer and said, "Yes!" the small voice of Akshi made him look at her and leaned in a bit to make sure he heard right.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend." The confirmation made the whole table to hoot out in and whistle in happiness, as Abhi pulled Akshi on his lap and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you... and I love you." Abhi kissed her cheeks as she Blushed and said she loved him as well.

------------------------------------------------

When the new couple walked back to the classroom, this time much to Abhi's irritation not hand in hand, as Akshi kept on talking with Shikha about certain things that were yet to be done, with nothing to do than to obey, Abhi followed the girls with a dejected look.

'So much for having a girlfriend!'; He thought as his lips pouted in disappointment.

But, As soon as they walked inside the room, it was filled with loud cheering. It seemed truly the news fly faster than the wind in their college.

Taking the best of the situation, Abhi quickly nudged Mehek aside and held Akshi's hand as she narrowed her eyes at him, as the later smiled. Finally satisfied that she was near him, as his with the whole world as the witness.

Their beautiful time was broken when Parthiv walked up to them and quickly pulled Abhi in a tight hug and said, "Finally this man here got some balls... but dude please I want my event to roll off well, I just hope you two wont sneak out just like that anywhere."