The Pre-Event

The next morning being a Saturday Akshi had a small skip in her step, just these two more days and the big day would be here. As she walked out of the room and went towards the kitchen she could feel the brooding air that was hung around.

But more than the misguiding and irritated look that kartik married due to last night's talk and revelations she was worried with the things that she was going to tell him today.

And with his reaction to the things last night, she knew she couldn't stall with not telling him things anymore, especially things as important as these.

Hence with deep breath, she walked towards the kitchen fetched herself her breakfast of cornflakes and fruits and walked towards the table and seated herself in her regular place.

For a long time none of them spoke of anything, rather just stared at their food and then began to eat it aimlessly.

Though Akshi wanted him to start with something even if it had to do with stalling her from doing what she was doing, she wanted him to be the first one to talk for that would make way for her talk as well.

With no response from him for a long time, she looked up at him and cleared her throat a bit louder than needed and waited for him to reply. When he didn't she did the same again this time even louder.

And finally after a few more attempts Kartik looked up at her and asked, "what is it?"

"I want to tell you something." She smiled at him in a very sweet and innocent manner. The smile only gave kartik a near heart attack, for he knew these smiles meant what she was going to say he was not going to like and if ever he didn't she would make sure he would accept it. His sister was stubborn but the level of stubbornness was something he wouldn't like to know.

"No, I don't agree to whatever it is ... Akshi you have already –"

"I met Abhishekh, he is in my college and is the G.S of our college." With her sudden declaration, kartik's words died down in his throat. What was he supposed to say to that?

All he could see and think was of the night when he had to take away his broken sister from the arms of that boy whom she held as if her life depended on him. He was impressed by Abhi, for what he did, how he did, he could have never been as thankful as he was to him, but he as well knew that Abhi was someone that could influence his sister like none.

Once he had made her so strong that she found herself, she found the deepest of the secrets of her family which even his prying eyes had failed to notice... and now that he was back in her life he dreaded what was it that would happen now?

He surely couldn't see that broken sister again, the one who cried in his arms as she lost her first love. How broken was she for so many days... and then he looked at her, the way she behaved for a few days now, somewhere she had that small smile on her face, how confident she was to know that she would win over their parents.

Now did he realized, it wasn't her but the existence of Abhi in her life once again. He kept on looking at her and analyzing things, learning each of new things, the realization dawning at him, a spark of happiness, relief flooded through him and soon faded as worry etched his features.

"Are you guys together?" he asked straight away. Right now all he wanted was to know how deep were they in this relationship of theirs?

"We just met a few weeks ago and since have been quite busy, but yesterday was hectic and filled with drama, we had a few talks, and then was it that he explained what he wanted..."

Akshi with a small voice and a reluctant smile explained all that happened from the day she met Abhi, it was when she narrated him all the things did she realized such a rush and drama was filled in her life. As her story came to end and she explained what happened yesterday especially editing her fainting expedition, a big smile stretched on her face.