Close Or Far

When your family is big, people ask questions like: how the hell do you manage to live in such a big family? Do you even get privacy?

But when the same privacy is given to you till such capaciousness, that you want someone to come to you and talk with you, is what mainly happens with a nuclear family.

But then the situations are different for different families. Some nuclear family might be happy as well and some joint family might not even have to ask each other the question of privacy.

But the family in which Abhishek had lived for last 16 years; he himself didn’t know in which category they came.

His father, LT.colnol Sushant Rajput who is in army would be away from home for months. His mom padmini Rajput a science and Mathematics teacher at an I.C.S.E board school would be busy with that. Hence at the end of the day all he was left with was to have a yummy dinner prepared by his sister Aishwarya for the two of them.

He never had that thing which people called as family time.

And now when he is here in Mumbai, seeing people talking and walking hand in hand with their family members, it killed him.

 Till now he had never been in places which were so humanly. He has always been posted to northern parts or the southern where the base camps and units would be far away from the civilians.

But Mumbai, which was so close to the sea of water, gave him a different world – It brought him close to the sea of people.

He still remembers the first day when he had come to Mumbai, the crowd at V.T station had almost got his mom to pick up their unpacked bags and board the very next train to Dehradun, which was their home for last 3 years.

He took in a deep breath and walked out in the balcony which opened to the sea of marine lines where many people walked for their evening walk, the couples would sit hand in hand having the best of that moment.

The sun was about to say goodbye and the Mumbai was about to welcome their famous nights which never slept.

 Nights here in Mumbai were different from that in other place, no one slept here. You could see the same person whom you saw travelling in the last train of the day, traveling in the very first train of the other day as well.

People didn’t stop for anyone; they just kept on running some from reality, some to reach reality and some as well to find themselves in the crowd of the church gate station.

Yet people smiled at the every known face, it didn’t mattered if they knew their names or not, but it was quite fascinating to know a known face in that huge crowd.

One was that place filed with mountains, where you could know each and every person by their name if you stayed there for just a few days and here is the city of sea, where the names didn’t mattered; only a smile would give you things which you never knew had so much of power. He thought, while smiling at the people who were smiling at each other, again passing their ways on that beautiful evening walk by the sea saying bye to the day and a welcome hello to the night which gave hope of the next day.

“Abhi, what are you doing there come we need to go to omkara’s place, and please ask the driver to come it won’t be safe to come back at night.” Adi came inside the room and shouted at him while collecting his belongings.

It had been about three weeks since he started school and things were going fabulous, all thanks to Adi and Akshita.

“Yeah right threat, dude you know in Dehradun we used to go for outing till 9 at night, and here it’s Mumbai and that army area of yours is not even that dense as much as you say it is.”