Tackling situations -2

Abhi picked up his bag and walked towards Parthiv who was busy talking with their convener Ms. Palak. Though the day had came to an end there were so many things that yet were to be discussed, and he felt a bit weird as to how was it that they would be done.

It seemed, standing for the post of general secretary and representing the student body was still a better job than that organizing a event.

"Hey, what's cooking up?" Abhi asked cheerfully as he approached the duo that had their head bend down in the small page that was seated on the table.

"Ahh, Abhishekh, come, we were just discussing a few things, it would be better to have more like minds." Ms. Palak teased as she gave him her famous dimpled smile.

"Sorry to disappoint you professor Jain but I already have my evening booked, I will look into these things once you guys go through them that is if they aren't that serious."

"ohh, booked, ma'am it seems we will have to as well make some bookings with him, and I believe your diary will be with Akshi..."

"Akshita, our Akshita?" the professor questioned in mock query.

"ah haa, yes ma'am the story is quite interesting may I ask, I swear I love the girl for the kind of treatment she had given him." The more Parthiv talked about Akshi and him, Abhi could see a new curious glint shinning in the professor's eyes, to avoid the topic he quickly added,

"umm Parthiv, I think I had got a call from Anamika Bakshi, she wanted to have a word with you."

"We are still pursuing her?" professor Jain inquired about the suggested key note speaker for the event.

"We thought she would as well work well, let's see now what is it that she has to say." Parthiv replied as he fetched his cell phone to call the said person, but Abhi quickly stopped him and said,

"umm don't , don't call her right now, it's already quite late for her to accept official calls, make it in the morning, and if I am not needed here other than to talk about my new love life, ma'am may I take your leave?" the way he bowed as that of like a gentlemen of the 16's era, the professor squatted his shoulder and asked him to get lost, which he obliged quickly and walked towards the person with whom he was waiting to spend some time with.

As he neared the corner of the room where the whole group sat, with their note pads, and pens in hand, for a moment he wondered if she was done for the day or not.

Rather to assume and just waste the time, he decided it was in their best interest to go and approach her and ask it.

It seemed the girls were talking about something really serious for as soon as he reached and cleared his throat to get their attention, each one of them jumped in their seat , as if startled,

"I am sorry, did I scare you all?" he asked, though he meant it for all of them, his eyes involuntarily moved towards Akshi who was seated at the farthest end.

It made him wonder why even after so many years did she preferred the corners rather than being at the center?

"If you are asking us, than it's a yes, and if it is meant only for Akshi, dude than you might have to ask her." karishma said, as they took it as their cue and stood up and picked up their bags and began to bid bye to Akshi and him and walked towards the exit.

Once the area was cleared, and Akshi was finally in front of him, he could see her clearly.

Her hairs were tied up in a messy bun which was held in place with a clip. Her kurti that was so prim and proper in the morning was now wrinkled, her earrings still dangled just above the crook of her neck, and her face though didn't had any make up, was beautiful, yet she looked tired.