The Singhaniya Men

"didi ...didi ....didi ....didi " the sweet voice of her two favorite twins came in her room even before the door of the room was opened and they came in .

Akshita looked up from her beanbag towards the door only to see the twins dragging Kartik and Rohit along with them in the room. She kept her laptop aside on which she was working for her Hindi project and stood up.

"Yeah, what is it ?" she studied her brother's, her gaze dancing from her elder brothers than to the twins. Sure enough, they had their wonderful plan for tonight.

"Didi let's cook!" The Devils said together as usual. She laughed at Kartik and Rohit's expression and came down to Luv- kush's heights and pinched their cheeks and said "okay but where is our cook?"

"here he is ...." standing up she looked behind them with a big smile on her face, there stood the sighaniya's best cook and her chachu - Tej ready with the apron.

well after every two weeks the Singhaniya's have this family dinner where the kids and the singhaniya men cook food in the garden at the back side of their mansion .... You can say a barbeque.

"aaye hay captain..." Akshita said saluting him and winking at her elder cousins who she was sure had something planned for tonight but this. It wasn't as if they don't like it ... But they are more like girls when come to things.

Well, you see most girls have this habit of doing nakhra (showing tantrums) ... like oh no I can't do this what if my hand gets burnt and all shit. In the singhaniya house, this job was given to the sons but it would only be existing till vishambhar reminds them that they are men.

Nevi would always say that this family dinner of the singhaniya is a ritual where Akshi's grandpa makes her brothers realise that they are men.

The twins took hold of Rohit while she pushed Kartik towards the door and straight to the garden where Tej had already made a Chula (cooking stove made of mud or sometimes bricks) with help of some bricks and dry leaves and sticks.

"so what's the menu? " Akshi looked up to see Rupinder and Arvind standing there each of them tying their own apron. she stood up quickly and hugged her dad tightly.

"Dad I missed you soo much" the tears were on its way, which she was successful to keep at a bay... it had been a week that they had met Arvind last and it was soo good to see him again. "I missed you too princess." He said while they untangled themselves from the hug.

"all love and hug for dad, nothing for bade papa.." Rupinder teased. 

it has always been like this, these three brothers, as well as their dad, were jealous of each other reason being, Akshita and Trisha didn't have any answer to their ultimate and most important question – who is her favourite?

Not wanting to start with another ruckus in the lovely night they were about to have, Akshi walked off to Rupinder and hugged him as well "aweee jealous much, never mind you can give me dairy milk silk."

"what ?why will I give you that?" he asked.

"let's see first you two were again off to a business tour, then you guys are late today by complete 6 minutes and third reason whatever fits you perfect ." she forwarded her hand to him, he ducked his hand in his pocket and took out the big dairy milk silk.

"God, you men spoil her so much .... Ey baby doll, give the half of it to me, as it is you have become so fat," Kartik said to whom she just showed her tongue and started to munch on her chocolate while making herself snug by leaning onto Rohit's back such that their backs were touching each other.