Anything and Everything

“And look who is here? my my, Mehek, I hope you didn’t lost your way here?” A loud voice, as loud as it was so was it filled with sarcasm, fell onto Akshi’s ears as soon as she entered the air conditioned classroom.

“Seems so Priyanka, well I have a great candidate over here, where is Parthiv?” Mehek asked while Akshi let her eyes wonder around.
The class was similar to any other classroom in the whole college, but the way things were around here was surely different.

At one end of the corner few people sat surrounding a guy who continued to string his guitar, on the front of the class sat few more students with laptops on their laps, working away on it. A few had their heads in some notebooks doing some work. And then there was a huge crowd at the far end discussing something.

“He is over there with the curators; there is some problem with one of the speakers.” The girl, whose name Akshi came to know was Priyanka, looked a bit older than the crowd around the room.

She was pretty, with the huge mob of unruly hair that came to her shoulders. And though Akshi tried not to judge her, she didn’t really like her on the very first meet, but again it was the first time that they were meeting as well.

“ohh okay, I guess I will go and talk with him, see you around yeah?.” Mehek asked Priyanka who winked at the two and walked towards the huge group who seemed to be in a huge discussion.

As they took each step ahead, Akshi could once again feel the same jittery feeling in the pit of her stomach, and she loved the every bit of it.

“Parthiv ?” Mehek called out to someone as they reached the end of the room. The whole group turned towards them. The prying and confused eyes looked at Akshi and then at Mehek which soon turned into mischief and a huge smile.

“ohh hooo, baby girl is here.” one of them, with light blue eyes teased as he looked from Mehek to the other guy who sat between two other boys who seemed much boisterous and cocky with the way talked and behaved even with the their unwanted interruption.

“shut up kush” the guy who seemed to be the said Parthiv stood up and came outside, and walked towards Mehek and hugged her tightly, Murmuring something into her ears. While the rest of the class awed at something which Akshi was clearly unaware of.

“Parthiv I think we have some important issues to discuss, this P.D.A of yours could be continued later on.” Akshi looked at the source of the voice, yet another jovial face yet so different.

The girl was healthy to say she would be fit; her hands filled with different ornaments mostly worn by saints, a bright tilak adored her forehead.

Some real jokers hang out in this college Akshi thought, as she saw Mehek untangling herself from the hug and then turned towards her.

“Parthiv, I would like you to meet my friend Akshita, and Akshi , this is my  fiancé Parthiv.” It did came as a shock for Akshi, but as the three got to know each other, and she came to be aware of Parthiv did she understood, that there couldn’t be as compatible life partner for Mehek than Parthiv.

“I am glad many people are interested to join us, Akshi you tell me where would like to work, I mean which department?” Parthiv asked. They had moved quite ahead with the initial introduction, though she felt very nervous around Parthiv.

His big round classy frames, the way he looked at her and the others with authority, his aura and profile made her way too nervous. She couldn’t believe that it took just a few words from him to get that clumsy and trembling Akshi back, the one she thought she was back long ago.

And though she tried to reason out that may be she was attracted to him, she knew  it wasn’t…. the very moment she saw him, she knew it could never happen that she would be ever attracted to a person like him.