The Question

"If this was the whole thing Akshi, than what is it that you want to ask me? What question is it that would really make you accept us?"

Akshi looked at him, her eyes held so many emotions that it scared her if he could read into her brave facade. Yet with her own battle that she lead, with that of her insecurity, she was relaxed that it was him who was initiating the question; it worried her that after knowing things that had always worried her most whether, he would be willing to answer the question which was a reassurance for her, for him and her brothers may be even for her relationship.

She held out her hand for him to hold and stood up, "let's take a walk while we talk, I am tired of sitting." Abhi held her hand in his and admired how wonderful it felt and looked. Her small fingers and palm getting lost in his long and huge ones; as if they were the perfect pair of hands that were meant to be held together!

As they walked about the garden, Akshi said, "With the deal that I have made with my dad it is obvious I had to have a plan to get out of it... don't you think?" the twilight had now began to show its effect on the surroundings. Though it wasn't any movie or the drama, yet there was this mysterious aura around them. It amazed the two how time worked out in the most weird way... it was neither the day, nor the night; just that of like their feelings, opinions and relationship.

Nothing clear yet beautiful and serene in its own way, that each time if one was to study, a new story would emerge and a new conclusion would be drawn.

As Abhi pondered on what Akshita said, he could only hum in response, the best of his reasoning was quite tensed as to what was it that she really wanted to ask him, yet he waited patiently as she spoke.

"But I didn't, at first when I came back; two more years were there for the time to get over; though somewhere I was ready... I had accepted all the things that were predefined by me, alas now with you in the picture, with you back in my life, I had to have a plan; and as I said previously, I want you to answer me a few questions before we could talk about our relationship." Abhi nodded his head and fidgeted with the ring in her finger. His nervousness was evident with his body structure!

As if sensing his jitters, Akshi came to a stand and squeezed his hands that were still in hers. Their eyes met as both took a deep breath waiting for the moment which had them in anticipation for so long.

"My brother - Sid and I, we are the eldest of the two genders in our family, that's what we love to say. Him among the boys and me in girls but I have always felt a responsibility towards my siblings be it Yash, Trisha or Luv , kush or even kartik or Rohit bhaiya ; as a consequence, even before I would come to a decision to let anyone be involved in my life romantically, that person must know, when I come in your life Abhi, as a partner, I come with a baggage, a baggage of family differences, a baggage of huge number of cousins and Family members, and a baggage of assurance."

Akshi's voice wavered as she stated one of the biggest weakness and the strength of her life, " No matter what , or how ever self improvisation I go through, I would always require words, that is what I have always made me feel at ease, because without communication life could become hell, and I have seen it."

"So Abhi, when I ask you this tell me with utmost truth, take as much time as you want to think, but if you are not ready for this I can't destroy your life, so more than me this question is for you,"

Akshi's grip on his hand tightened as she continued,

"If ever it was to happen that my family would question you about our love, if they were to test us, if I was left with nothing but just a name and broken bricks of my family and my siblings to look after what would you do?... Do you think and feel that if ever this situation occurs I can expect you to be by my side?"