Getting Approvals

Akshi had a small smile on her face as she tried to hide her nervousness. Yes after a long time she was surely nervous, and who wouldn't, it isn't always that you get your boyfriend home to introduce him to your brother.

Though her complete family was well acquainted with him, this time she wanted their approval not just for him to be her and her brother's friend, but as well as a partner... and if things would be nice a life partner to be specific.

With an absent minded, Akshi walked towards the door and rung the bell. On any of the days she would have dived into her bag and tried her best to find the keys that would be lying in some corner of her never ending bag, but she didn't wanted to make a fool of herself, and with Abhi and his antics, she was sure he would find it cute and would again do something as to kiss her cheeks.

As soon as the thought made its presence in her mind, Akshi could feel the slight hotness in ear running at the fastest speed to her cheeks.

As they waited for the door to open, all of a sudden she felt Abhi leaning down towards her followed by his soft whisper,

"If not the checks than what do you prefer it would be?"

Everything made a dramatically slow movement as soon as the words registered in her mind. She knew Kartik had always had the worst of timings, and Abhi, he could always be trusted to say the most vile things on the most unexpected times.

But this... with the words out of Abhi's mouth, even before he could have gotten back to his original place, kartik was standing there, with the door wide open, his eyebrows raised, amusement lacing his whole being.

Trying to act as if Abhi's words didn't effected her, Akshi took a deep breath, and stopped kartik from saying anything and said,

"he is here to meet you, and I am tired, can we please enter or you are going to perform a welcome ceremony?" her attempt to be sarcastic blew away as soon as she heard Abhi's chuckle, who was soon joined by her brother, who did stepped aside, but surely had a few things to share.

"What's wrong with you ... tell me Abhi didn't you give her, her today's quota of kisses?"

'Those damn kisses' Akshi thought as she made her way inside the leaving room and kept her bag at the usual place, and walked towards the kitchen to get some water. She felt it was better not to retort to her brother's teasing as it would only fuel his eagerness to tease to another level. She couldn't even imagine, if the very first moment he was out counting the kisses, what would be the rest.

As she walked back to the leaving room, she found the seated comfortably chatting with each other just the way they had back then.

"And here I thought you would be sweating in nervousness." Akshi stated as she handed Abhi the glass of water and made her settled beside him. Once she had a sufficient amount of water she looked up, and found her brother's eyes lingered on her. She raised her eyebrows as if asking him what.

"a few minutes ago whatever I said was just for fun, don't tell me you guys are really dating each other?' Kartik's statement made Akshi look at him as if he had gone nuts, but as she pondered a bit on it, she thought it wasn't really a surprise that her brother was being a fool once again.

"Kartik, who passes such a comment if they are not aware of one's relationship... God what if we weren't really dating and I would have got him here to just meet him? How embarrassing that would have been?"

"I don't care about that... Akshi, first tell when did this happen?" kartik asked in a stern voice, which made Abhi laugh.

"You are in no position to laugh Abhishkeh Rajput."