14. party or confrontations.

"I don't understand why do you have a problem with him being here? He seems to be a decent and a cool guy?" Ankit asked.

Akshi though being very ignorant at the moment did heard his question and took a deep breath and turned to him.

"It's just that I don't like him much, and now Dhruv had to invite him at a family affair, he knows it would irritate me and ..."

"And?"

"Nothing... just let it be, come lets go and see if chachu has done with the rice or not." Akshi stood up from her place and was about to walk but only got crashed with a huge wall infront of her.

The very pleasing and captivating scent that engulfed her made her want to stick to whatever it was. For the first time she liked the way particular person smelled like. It made her feel giddy and exultant at the same time.

As she took a step back and looked up, her eyes went wide. Wasn't it really good to have no face or name to the things that you like? It at least makes you feel frantic and once you get to know it there won't be any fun.

But seeing Abhi standing so close to her made her want to know things more. Though she knew, what was there beneath that turtle neck t shirt she wanted to explore it.

As her eyes met with his, she then wanted to know him, his whole being, she wanted to answer those questions which at the back of her mind had been eating her up the whole week.

But as his voice fell on her ears, his soft yet unexplainable tone and tenderness in his voice, were like a splash of cold water.

It wasn't daily that she went on such a roller coaster of emotions. May be her time of the month was coming soon, but her thoughts, they made her want to gag.

She wasn't this, she wasn't this hormonal kid, and she wasn't this desperate and eager to know why the hell she wanted to be with him.

And this stupid behavior of hers only made her more confuse.

"Akshi, I wanted to talk to you in private." Abhi said, his eyes strained on Ankit who sat there on the log as if he owned the place, completely ignoring the small request like order from Abhi.

While on the other side, Akshi had her own battle going on. She was happy to be wanted to talk to in private yet her nerves were on fire. What could it possibly be that he wanted to talk about and mostly in private? Why .... Did he know about the morning occurrence?

But then who would tell him about it? None other than her knew about that incident. But somehow she knew rather than coming to conclusions it was better to get it out with a talk.

The battles that Akshi fought in her mind were never ending. She took a deep breath and then looked at him square in his eyes and said,

"Alright come with me, I have to get a few things from the kitchen before the dinner starts, mind helping me?" Akshi asked her mind completely forgetting Ankit who sat behind her, visibly hurt and shocked.

Never had someone's existence been so imperative and off-putting for Akshi that she would overlook him, and somehow Abhi seemed a threat now. At present when he could clearly see the way Akshi behaved in a certain manner before him.

It was as if she was a complete different person. It seemed she would say the same thing that her mind said, while her heart sang a different song.

And if it was so, than it was very unsettling, especially now that Ankit had so many plans for her – for them.

As Akshi made her way towards the kitchen, her nerves were starting to get over her. Never had she thought that there would be a day when she would have a private talk with Abhi, but then looking at the scenarios it seemed the unexpected was happening.