thirty

the truth

Joshua's pov: (Before Yoongi dad came) so about 15 years ago, don't quote me on it

Joshua's pov: (Before Yoongi dad came) so about 15 years ago, don't quote me on it. Hah. Felix would of been like 11. And then Jessica would of been about 4.

"This is a big responsibility Joshua." My mother stated as she put one hand on my shoulder.
I was only 15 and I was still being put under all this pressure.
"We are both relying on you to carry on our job when we pass away or worse."

Their job was pathetic. People only got hurt when they did what they did. Only I knew about what work they did because I was the oldest and apparently the most fearless and mature. Which I highly doubted.
I couldn't say that I didn't agree with what they did because I would let down the family and everyone could get hurt.
"Next year, Joshua. Only One more year."
My father had been counting down for years which I didn't know why. He kept telling me it wasn't long now but never told me the reason. My mother handed me a locket with their faces in. Were they scared of something? Did they know something was going to happen?

I stuffed it in my pocket as I gave her a confused look. She just hushed me and pushed me out the door not saying anything else.

A year later: so Felix would be 12 Jessica would be 5 and Joshua would be 16.

Not that I had realised but my parents have been training me. I don't know what for. All I know is that it was happening today. My mother and father were being overly affectionate towards all of us. It was quite scary.

"Joshua, come with us." My mother called out to me as Felix and Jessica were at school.

They took me inside a car and it started to drive. I looked through the window and saw a building. It looked scary.

"Joshua, we have been training you for a while, so that you can help out someone's son, and then eventually, become his leader."

"Leader?" I asked him.

"Yes, you must teach him to do everything you can do, not leaving anything out. Lives depend on it." My father said aggressively.

"What's his name?"

"His name is Min Yoongi."

"He is 4 years younger than you, same age as Felix. You must help help him to become as strong as you." My mother continued.

Felix and Jessica have never known anything about this and my parents want it to stay this way.

"What will Felix and Jessica think?" I asked my mother.

"They will think you have gone to university for a year."

I gulped as I thought of staying in this place for a year.

"Don't worry you will have your own private room and everything."
I sighed in relief.

"Now go, we are relying on you Joshua, this is a big responsibility."