twenty six

it was her birthday as well

Many years ago. Felix pov:
"Come on Jess, Joshua is waiting for us. He wanted this to be a special day for you, concidering its your birthday."

"I'm coming, i'm coming."

Her small legs ran up next to me as she grabbed onto my sleeve. She was already 9 today but she still seemed like 5 years old.

I smiled at her and started walking towards the house.
"So how was school?"

"It was alright, everyone sang happy birthday to me and i got some cake, which tasted really nice."

"Ah i see. You will end up being chubby if you eat loads of cake." I told her.

"I don't care, as long as it tastes nice."

I chuckled,
"You won't think that when you turn into a teenager."

She scoffed.
"I will always eat loads of cake."

"Fine okay then." I laughed at her cuteness.

We walked up to our front door, and i let her open it.
"Surprise!" The whole room had come to life and a massive cake was set up on a table in front of us.

She gave out a little high pitched scream as she ran up to Joshua and gave him a big hug

"Thanks bro." She cried out.
We lived in australia because our parents moved there when we were very little. We don't know why though, because we have no family over here.

"It wasn't just me Jess, it was Felix as well, and mom and dad."

"Where are they then?"

"Felix is right over there sweetie."

"No, not Felix, our parents."

"They had to dash somewhere, they will be back later though."

She sighed
"I wish they were here."