Epilogue

"Connor, no."

"Connor, yes."

"Connor, no!"

"Connor, YES!"

"cONNOR! I-oh god Connor why?"

Connor coughed up and almost threw up right there. He had attempted to chug the entire galleon of milk. He had assumed, with the amount of experience he had when he was younger, he was able to do it. Turns out, it was a no.

Evan watched amusingly as Connor basically half died. He glanced at the clock.

"You need to g-get ready for work," he mumbled, flinging his arms around his husband and nuzzling into his back.

"Aw man," he groaned. "We have a test today, and they always think I don't see them slipping pieces of paper with answers to their friends."

"Why don't you stop t-them?" Evan questioned.

"Because I never got that," he said. "So might as well let them."

Evan frowned. "You're gonna be late," he whispered.

"Yeah, okay," Connor sighed and freed himself from Evan. Kissing his husband one last time, he headed towards the school.

"Mornin kids," he mumbled, holding back a yawn.

"Good morning Mr. Murphy," the class chanted dully.

Connor could practically feel the dread of being in class on a Friday. He smiled mischievously.

"Let's start with a review test."

~•~

"But I didn't put that answer!" A kid shouted across the classroom.

"Yes you did!" Another shouted back. "I'm the one checking your paper, and you did pick C, not A!"

Connor slumped in his desk, watching amusingly at the two third graders.

"YOU'RE LYING!"

"NO, YOU! GRETCHEN LOOK! DIDN'T JANIS PICK C?!"

"Alright alright alright, that's it," Connor interrupted before matters got too serious and people started either shooting insults, or hitting. He walked over to Regina's desk and glanced down at the test. He stopped himself from rolling his eyes.

"Regina, Janis filled out B," he said blankly. Regina flushed and glared at her teacher. Janis was spluttering nonsense, reminding Connor of Evan.

"Apologize," he ordered happily.

They both sighed.

"I am most," —Regina glanced at the chart at the front of the room before flicking her eyes back to Janis with a cold glare—"Sincerely sorry for saying you filled out C."

"And I am almost sincerely sorry that I yelled at you about me filling out A," Janis said bitterly, her eyes in the same glare.

"I promise it won't happen again in the future."

"Will you accept my apology?"

"Yes. Will you accept my apology?"

"Yes."

They both turned their attention to their teacher, waiting for approval.

Connor nodded. The two girls hurried back to their seats. "Now, let's conti-" He was cut off by the bell. "Never mind. We'll finish correcting after recess. Then we'll head to P.E, come back to start the real test, and go to lunch. Now form a line, and go out."

The students obeyed and soon Connor was left in an empty classroom.

Evan was currently looking through his laptop at home, two cups of hot chocolate around him. He was curled up in the blankets of he and Connor's bed.

"Adoption, adoption, adoption," he muttered. He and Connor, after almost four years of marriage, decided to adopt a kid. Evan was looking through options.

"Maybe this one....hm....he's s-so cute!" Evan sipped some hot chocolate, muttering to himself. "Maybe Connor w-will like him. Or did he want a girl instead?"

When Connor had finally come home, he was met with Evan practically shoving the laptop onto his face.

"What do you think?" He asked excitedly. Connor gave him a quick peck and skimmed through the boy Evan had showed him.

"I didn't know what gender you wanted, so"—Evan clicked onto another tab—"I f-found a couple...er, dozen."

Connor brought the two over the couch. He sat down, wrapping his arm around Evan as he snuggled into his side.

"We'll see," he pressed his lips against his husband hair. "Maybe we'll adopt all couple dozen."

"You're on diaper duty then," Evan quickly said, smiling. Connor groaned.

"Okay, let's just get that one."