10. Slughorn's Party

They entered Gryffindor Common Room to Ava sat by the fire, Potions book open on her lap, screwed up balls of parchment laying mismatched all over the armchair.

"Is that you, Williamson?" Persie asked, before Ava nodded, "Indeed."

"Sorry, almost didn't recognise you actually doing work." Persie said, as Ava closed her book in defeat and stood up to hug her, "And there was me thinking I'd missed you for a second. What happened to Ginge?" 

Ava sidled along to Sirius, as he wrapped an arm around her waist and placed a kiss on her cheek before stating, "You obviously haven't left the Common Room in a few hours." 

"You know about Snape then?" She asked Persephone, turning her head to look at her.

"You are a genius!" Persie answered sarcastically, before Ava rolled her eyes, "Sarky cow! Just because you weren't invited to Horace's party of the century." 

"Nope." Persie confirmed, spreading herself out across the length of the sofa, "But it doesn't mean I'm not going. You give up way too easily." 

"Oh, we're gatecrashing?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I told them it wasn't a good idea! Especially after last time!" Remus exclaimed, flinging his arms around his head in an insane fashion.

"I'm in." Ava shrugged.

"Wait, what?!" Remus shouted, looking at her in utter confusion.

"She said, she's in!" Persie shouted, pointing to Ava and Sirius.

"I know damn well, what she said." He stated, giving her the look and turning back towards Ava before frowning, "Fine. You go crash Slughorn's party. I don't care; just don't come to me when you get detention!" 

"Sometimes, he doesn't half remind me of a teenage girl." James stated, watching him walk off as Miranda came into the room, looking up at Remus' retreating shadow.

"Persephone ..." Miranda said, nodding her head towards her and sitting down in the arm chair next to the fire.

"Miranda." She nodded back before looking over the back of the red sofa and raising an eyebrown at Ava, widening her eyes and giving her a 'Really?!' look.

"Just go with it." She mouthed back, flicking a hand towards Miranda's direction.

"This should be a fun conversation to listen to and spectate." Sirius muttered, watching them both intently.

Persie merely rolled her eyes and looked back absent-mindedly into the fire, before looking back up in Miranda's direction as she opened her mouth and began to speak.

"So, are you going to Slughorn's party tonight?" Miranda asked, attempting to avoid direct eye contact with Persephone.

"I wasn't invited, if that's what you mean." Persie stated, grimly looking over towards her with slight distaste.

"Oh ... well, that's a shame, seeing as Justin's going, or so I hear." She replied, a wry smile tugging slightly on her lips as she looked across the room.

"You hear correctly." Persie answered sternly, twirling her wand through her fingers. 

"I'm going." Miranda replied, "I'm sure I'll see him there." 

"I'm sure you will." She said, setting her jaw, before Miranda smiled, "Let's hope he doesn't get too drunk-" 

"Right. Fuck you!" Persie started as she pushed herself up off the sofa and took one step towards Miranda before some grabbed her and pulled her backwards, "Come on, Bird. Carry on. I dare you!"