24. Break Up

Persie woke up at half past five, getting dressed for the day ridiculously early, before sneaking out into the Common Room, her satchel already hung on her shoulder as she pulled a hand through her knotted hair in stress.

"You couldn't sleep either, huh?" Sirius asked from the corner of the room, causing her to jump backwards, holding a hand to her heaving chest, "For Merlin's sake Sirius, make your presence known before you scare the living daylights out of me!"

He just laughed, smirking ridiculously as he shook his head back and forth, resting it in his palm, "You're dead cute."

"I'll be dead full stop if you try that again." She replied frankly, adjusting the strap on her bag, before she made her way over to him and sat down. He immediately looked over her and quirked an eyebrow, "What's wrong?"

"What would make you say that?" She replied, her tone giving her away, before he looked around, "Well, you're awake at half past five. You look guilty as sin and I've never seen you so pale."

"Please don't hate me." Persie groaned, before he chuckled to himself and kissed the side of her head, "Why would I ever hate you?"

"I told Remus." Persie confessed, before Sirius' face fell suddenly, "You, what?"

"Well, he saw us last night! He's not stupid!" Persie exclaimed, as she stood up and adjusted her bag strap on her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Sirius asked curiously, furrowing his eyebrows together, "It's six o'clock in the morning."

"I need some air." She stated honestly, "My head is screwed. I keep fucking up." She ran a hand through her hair turning her attention back to the door before exiting the room, leaving Sirius sat in the corner, alone again.

She walked through the castle, the strange silence causing her to shiver slightly as she exited the back doors, seating herself on the grass beside the huge vertical rocks towering over the top of the hill which Hagrid's pumpkin patch lay at the bottom. The grass brushed over her tight-coated legs in the warm late September breeze, making her shiver a little, tracing shapes on her knees. It helped her think sometimes, when she needed to think at the most important of times it helped, and this was a pretty important time.

"You look happy." Regulus stated, poking his head around the rock, before seating himself next to her as she sighed deeply, "I cannot physically describe to you the sheer joy I feel right now."

"No, seriously, what's wrong?" He asked, poking her in the arm, "Actually, can I guess?"

"You won't be able to guess but sure. Knock yourself out." Persie said absentmindedly, half-listening to what he was saying.

"Is it something to do with my good for nothing brother?" Regulus shrugged, flicking his hair from his face, "He is brilliant at upsetting people and you're probably one of them."

"He is not good for nothing and I've never seen him upset anyone!" She outburst suddenly, before covering her mouth with her hand, giving in when he gave her a look, "How did you guess?"

"It doesn't take a genius. You both talk about each other all the time. It's kind of disgustingly sweet. In your own odd way." Regulus admitted, smacking his lips together before she let her head fall into the palms of her outlayed hands, "I knew this would happen. Why am I such an idiot?!"

He just sighed, wrapping an arm around her back in comfort, rubbing her arm a little, "Please calm down, Potter. It's only me that knows." He attempted, shrugging slightly, before she sat upright again, "And Remus. And probably your Slytherin mates by the time you're finished here."