46. Changes

"So then, she goes to turn around, Eloise says something, I don't know and then – no wait, guess what happened ." James said excitedly before Lily sighed, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice, "I don't know James. She hit her?"

"Yeah!" He exclaimed, before Lily promptly coughed up her pumpkin juice and looked at him in disbelief, "You, what?!"

"She was being a bitch though." James mentioned, before Lily shook her head, "James, we're meant to be helping."

"What? Would you rather she was depressed?" James asked her before she frowned, "No! But it doesn't mean I want her to attack people!"

"Lil, it's fine. She won't do it again. She was being provoked." James told her before she shrugged, "Fine. I'll take your word for it. But can you not encourage this, please?"

"Where's Pers?" Sirius asked, as he slammed his hand down on the table beside James, looking at him angrily, before James turned and looked up at him, "So you heard?" He questioned brightly, before narrowed his eyes, "Where is she?"

"Common Room." Ava reported as she sat down beside Lily and placed her bag on the floor beside her before Sirius smiled grimly, "Cheers."

"Ava?! You aren't supposed to grass?!" James told her sternly, before she shrugged, "Sorry! He's not going to do anything?!"

Sirius almost sprinted up to the Common Room, yelling the password at the Fat Lady making her swing open ridiculously fast before he scanned around the Common Room and found Persie sat on the sofa by the fire. She looked up and widened her eyes, "Hey."

"Would you like to tell me why Eloise is sat in the Hospital Wing crying her eyes out?" He asked, before he folded his arms and looked down on her like a disappointed parent as Persie rolled her eyes, "Sounds like a you problem."

"No? You might want to tell that to her split lip, Pers." Sirius said.

"I didn't know I split her lip or I would have done a better job at covering it up." She answered, turning back to her book before Sirius sighed, "Pers, I know it's been hard-"

"You have no idea what she's been saying about me. What she said to me." She defended herself as Sirius rolled his eyes, "Pers-"

"And I just realised I am late." Persie said, standing up to walk through the portrait hole before Sirius caught her arm as she tried to sidle past him, "Pers, do you want to talk about this?"

"No." She told him bluntly, before her eyes wandered over to another sound in the Common Room.

"You're popular today." She commented, before nodding her head in the direction of a group of sixth year girls, who were giggling incessantly as they looked in his direction. He smirked over at them, making Persie roll her eyes as she nudged his shoulder to get past him turning his attention back from the girls. He looked at her go, shouting her name before he rolled his eyes and rubbed them with his thumb and index finger.

"You shouldn't mess with her." Oscar sung as he strode past Sirius and he looked at him irksomely, "You think I don't know that?"

"Looks like it." Oscar replied with a smug smile, patting him on the shoulder before following Persie out of the Common Room.

"Potter!"

Persie closed her eyes in slight irritation, finding herself stopping in her tracks anyway as she span around to give Oscar a weak smile, "Hey, you alright?"

***

It took until Valentine's Day for Persie to calm herself down from her fight with Eloise. The Great Hall had love heart's floating around it as her and Lily went for lunch and she swatted a few out of the way in annoyance.