69. Snap

Persie moved back up to the Common Room fast, in order to avoid anyone who might have bumped into Leah in the past hour. Besides, if anyone had a free period last, she was hoping it would be Lily.

"Tentacula." She said to the Fat Lady as she swung open willingly and Persie climbed through the portrait hole.

"Hey Pers." Lily said from her seat on the sofa as Persie glanced over and saw Sirius face down on the carpet, "Did you kill Black? Or did I miss something?" She asked as she jumped over the back of the sofa and sat down in Sirius' obviously vacated seat as she noticed the Muggle Studies books opened at his face, "Oh. He's gone into Muggle Studies coma."

A small groan came from his heap on the floor as Lily smiled and looked across at her friend, "Do you think he's had enough?"

"Nah. He looks eager to learn." Persie said with a smile as he pushed himself off the floor a little, "I am actually begging. Please ... No."

"He dead yet?" Peter asked as he walked down from the boys dormitories with an armful of food as he sat on the armchair at Sirius' feet and Persie leaned over, "Ooo, Chocolate Frog. Gimme."

She gestured towards him with her hands clenching and unclenching until he passed her one, "Thank you."

"Pers, what happened to your hand?" Lily asked skeptically as she snapped her textbook shut and put it on the floor.

"Oh nothing." Persie said, waving her off dismissively, "I just punched Leah in the library. Damn, Fulbert the Fearful. Does anyone want this?"

"You did, what?" Lily exclaimed shrilly as Persie shrugged, "It was provoked, I promise."

"Pers, what did I say about the anger thing?" Sirius groaned from the floor as he pushed himself upright and leaned against his elbows.

"Oh, boo hoo, so I broke her nose. It was wonky anyway." She said in defence as Peter chuckled, "I think it's quite funny."

"Thank you." Persie said, as the portrait swung open again and Oscar McLaggen walked in, "See! Oscar will tell you."

"Tell you what?" He asked as he walked over to the back of the sofa and leaned down on Persie's side. Sirius' jaw clenched almost immediately as he stared at him hard whilst Pers spoke, "About Leah."

"Oh yeah, total bitch. Deserved it, if you ask me." He informed them, as Persie reached up to pat his face, "You are good to me."

"I try my best." He answered before pushing himself off and heading up towards the dormitories, "If it helps, it was a good punch as well."

"Thanks!" She called after him as Sirius watched him leave and she laughed, "You alright there? You look a bit-"

"If you say serious, I will hit you so hard." Lily muttered as she closed her eyes in silent prayer, "I thought better of you, Potter."

Persie held out the leg of her Chocolate Frog in peace offering before Lily laughed to herself and took it, "Thanks. I appreciate the chocolatey gesture."

"Do I not get anything?" Sirius begged as he shuffled on the carpet to sit at Persie's feet and bat his eyelashes, "As cute as that is, Peter's your friend, you ask him." Persie answered as she ruffled his hair affectionately, and Sirius turned to Peter, "Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeteeeeeeeeeer."

"I have two words for you." Peter stated, "Fuck off. Buy your own food."

"Oooo, someone's getting a bit defensive." Persie answered, with a small laugh as Sirius' face fell, "None of you are my friend. Where's James?"

"He's in a lesson. Transfiguration. So you don't have a hope in hell of getting him out of there." Lily told him as she gathered up her books in her arms, "I am going to take these back to the library and then grab some lunch. Coming?"