15. The Spring Ball

"Well, this has been fun ... but I just remembered I have to be somewhere else ... right at this moment in time." Persie tried, attempting to walk past her before being caught on the arm and pulled backwards to face Lily again.

"No. You aren't going anywhere until you explain to me what just happened." Lily stated sternly, releasing Persie's arm and refolding her own.

After several seconds of silence and hard-staring, she finally groaned and began to speak, "We're back together."

"So, why is he going with Miranda then?" Lily asked critically, eyeing her to check if she was lying.

"Because we only got back together last night, he forgot and I told him to go with her anyway. She would kill me if she found out! This is twice as worse a situation as last time and look what happened then!" Persie explained all in one breath, sighing and leaning against the wall when she finished.

"Life would be a bit shit without you, Pers." Lily said, weighing up the options in her own head.

"What? So, you don't mind?!" Persie asked in surprise, looking up at her again.

"No, just you have to tell her. Tomorrow." She declared, wrapping her arms around her.

"That's okay. I'm sure I'll have enough energy by then to do some running." Persie smiled, before pointing a polished finger towards the door to the Great Hall, "Shall we?"

"We shall." Lily finished, linking arms with her and walking towards the hall.

"Lily!" Remus shouted, weaving his way through several crowds of people before popping up in front of them.

"Hi Remus." Persie grinned, stepping forward to engulf him in a hug.

"Hi .. urr ... Pers, I didn't see you there." He smiled, going a tinted shade of tomato red.

"What's going on with Remus? He's looking slightly redder than usual." Sirius smirked, walking along with Ava.

"Nothing. I'm fine." He answered, smiling back, before looking at Persie again.

"Where's James anyway?" Persie asked, slicing into the silence and looking between the two boys as they looked at each other, "What? What have you done now?"

"EVERYONE INTO THE HALL PLEASE!" Professor McGonagall called, beckoning everyone inside as she pushed open the door with her wand.

"Don't think you've gotten away with this." Persie glared at both of them before sweeping into the hall after Lily and scanning her eyes around for Miranda and Justin. Soon her eyes landed on the both of them chatting with some Ravenclaws, one of them being Crossier. She groaned internally as he looked over towards and just removed her gaze as quickly as possible, seating herself on the chair next to Sirius.

"I'll go and get some Butterbeer then!" Ava declared, pushing herself up again and smiling as Lily and Remus said they would go with her. After a few moments, Persie began to speak.

"So, where is he then?" Persie asked, looking straight ahead of her and trying not to break her streak of not looking at him since what happened in the wood.

"Who?" He asked, turning to look at the side of her face.

"James, you idiot." She told him, trying to find something to focus on that wasn't him or Justin.

"Oh ... him." Sirius trailed off, looking away before flicking his eyes back to see what she was doing.

"Tell me, Sirius. What's happened?" She said, attempting to turn around but only making it half way so she looked kind of lop-sided, her eyes now frantically searching for anyone and anything to keep her mind occupied and away from thoughts of Sirius. Suddenly, as if they appeared from a clouded mist of people, she found the only two others she didn't want to look at.