32. Arithmancy

It was now December and every inch of Hogwarts was covered in a layer of snow, with only ten days until they broke up for the Christmas holidays, everyone was excited. And Sirius and Persie were still yet to tell James, which Persie worried about everyday seeing as Miranda was getting suspicious about her conversations with Justin. Persie was sat in the Room of Requirement currently, waiting for Sirius to show his face. The room they met in had been modified slightly every time they'd returned here and the modification for her this time was a steaming mug of tea sat on the table in front of her. She'd drunk half and was now clutching the slowly staining cup in worry of what Sirius had gotten up to and why he was fifteen minutes late. The door shut with a creak and Persie rose to find him stood in front of the door, smiling.

"Oh thank god." She cried, dropping her tea on the floor as she climbed over the back of the sofa and wrapping her arms around his neck and her legs around his chest, "I thought something had happened to you."

"Like what?" He chuckled, placing her down on the floor and peeling her arms off of him.

"Like my mental brother had found out about us and buried you alive in an early grave, I-" She stated, before running a hand through her hair, "I just worry."

"I know. I'm sorry. Miranda followed me all the way here so I had to take several detours so she'd fuck off." Sirius said bitterly, scrunching his nose in annoyance.

"You need to sort out your mouth. Your language is horrendous." Persie observed as he wound his arms around her waist, "Ahhhh shut up, you love my mouth." He replied, leaning in to kiss her before she snuck under his arms and ran to the other end of the room, laughing as his face turned from shock to disappointment and his eyes widened.

"No, don't do that! That's cheating!" She cried, pointing at him and pulling at the ends of her jumper sleeves.

"Cheating in what way?" He laughed in reply, before crossing the room, "Oh, are we playing?"

"I just can't repel you, can I?" She sighed, resting her hands on his chest as he locked his fingers together behind her waist as he smirked, "You're irresistible."

"Sure I am." She laughed sarcastically, before sliding her hands up to his hair, and pressed her lips to his, "Seeing as you were late, I think we should go back to the Common Room."

"Seriously? I've been waiting for this all day and you kiss me once?!" He exclaimed, "Sometimes, I think you're an asshole."

"An on time asshole." She corrected him, before he trapped her body between him and the wall, "Looks like you're going to have to be late to the Common Room though."

*****

They headed back to the Common Room and stayed there for the remainder of the evening sat in front of the dying fire, with Persie lay stretched across the rug attempting the Arithmancy homework she'd been given that morning, "Urrghh. I hate Professor Vector."

"Why don't you just give up and finish it tomorrow? You've already done two sets!" Sirius stated, gesturing to the stacks of finished and unfinished homework lying on either side of her textbook.

"No, I need to finish it or I won't ever do it." She frowned, sticking out her bottom lip, "I might go and find Jenna Abbott. She knows about this shit. And she's in Hufflepuff and they're looking for any excuse to get house points nowadays."

"See you in a bit then." James said, throwing his arm behind Lily's shoulder and sighing with content, "It's nice to know you're going to miss me dearly, James."

"Oh, I will, dear sister. I will." He replied sarcastically, before waving a hand dismissively in her direction, so Persie rolled her eyes and continued her journey through the portrait hole.