B.THE FAMILY CODE

Start from the beginning

Quickly I avoided his aim but wasn't fast enough and I flinched as one bullet flew through
the side of my neck.

That hurt!

I grabbed hold of the machine gun as he fired continuously and with my leg, I kicked hard at the bike's rear tyre.

His bike left him in mid-air as he screamed.

Within another second I had him pinned to the road. He struggled violently, trying his best to hit my face "Yeah just don't" I grinned.

I removed his helmet and flung it away, "Hi I'm Vincent."

The man looked to be in his 40s, probably a veteran, his grey beard had blood stains on it.

I smirked, "This guy is 48 Boris, you were wrong by that much."

The man was shocked I knew his exact age but then began struggling even more.

Why do they always fight?

The man shouted, "Get off me you vampire freak!"

"Oh you shouldn't be rude sir"

I fetched his gun and noticed the caps of bullets he sprayed on us scattered beside it. Picking up the cap, I examined the marking on it.

The same emblem, three arrows crossing each other "What's this sign?"

"Like I'll tell you" he spat out.

"Judging by this and the tattoo on your fallen friend, I assume you are more than just regular hunters. A brotherhood perhaps, not all your men pursued even though I can smell them."

The man was startled I knew without his confession.

"I can only assume they stood by and watched which means they've studied our kind for years. Your group must've been established a long time ago, I've done research on all Hunter organizations but I've never seen a symbol like this."

I smelled the bullet cap and nodded, it had the potent smell most hunters had when hunting us.

The deadly plant.

"Vervain, quite deadly if a vampire were to be shot multiple times by this. Even you people know of this plant...impressive"

The man grunted as he fought against my rigid grasp "Meaning trying to get information out of you is probably useless. They'll abandon you without a thought in order to preserve their group."

He willed his body and arms to get up I was way stronger.

He then yelled, "Help, Help!"

I swiftly grabbed hold of his neck, "Where are the others?"

"Go to hell you blood-sucking monster!"

I smiled wolfishly, I loved it when they acted tough. My lips parted to reveal my canines as I looked eagerly at his neck, his pulsating vein.
His blood could be clearly heard, rushing like wind, beautiful nutrients.

Running, after all, was tiring, I'm sure just a taste would be okay and he hurt me too.

"You've watched vampire movies right?"

The human never stopped fighting as hard as he could but I countered every move from his legs or hands.

"You know what comes next right?"

"No!" He screamed fear plastered all over his face.

I inched closer till my teeth were scraping his neck, any further and I'd be in his neck.

"Report Collins, have you caught the vampire," a female voice said over static radio.

I looked to see a receiver strapped to his thighs "Come in Collins, has the boy been taken out."