C.TRUTH WILL OUT

VICTORIA:  Thinking back on that fateful day I was still a novice, well that was just a year ago, I had proven myself more than worthy to be an elite.

I'm going to be the best Warlord, watch me.

We stopped at a house on the way. Jon required that I meet someone at this location, he was always so manipulative and secretive. Why couldn't the old man just tell me why?

The house was quite extravagant, a house of modern design. The structure of the house was cube-like, with the immediate frontal view being of glass.

I could basically see the interior of the place as I walked out of the car. The rain continued to pour but now it was more of a drizzle, the weather today was really something.

"Um..." the blonde haired girl called Rose began.

"Stay put" I warned before slamming the door shut.

I padded along a path of flat cement that led through the large lawn into the house. Something felt off about the place like it didn't belong in this location.

The lawn had several statues of what looked like the Greek Gods. The art was so intricate, so specific that I couldn't help but feel that they were alive.

I no sooner reached a peach-colored door. It had a drawing encased in it of a Sun, star and a moon. I knew that symbol all too well as the door swung open and I was looking at a tall female.

Her face gave no expression of happiness, it was as if she was bored with life itself as she haughtily stood at the doorway with a glass in her hand.

Her brown hair had been tied at the back, she looked to be in her 40s. Her lips were quite dry and small but her eyes were the real taker. One was blue and the other orange, I knew immediately that this woman was of magic.

Her beady eyes scrutinized me from top to bottom as her hooked nose sniffed momentarily "Victoria?"

"Yes...Jon told me to come here."

"Well...I expected more. Jon certainly likes to over exaggerate. Come in come in dear."

What does she mean by that...does she know who I am?

I struggled to keep my composure as I followed her. We passed a corridor lined up with pictures of this woman before me.

To be perfectly honest, they were rather very scary but I didn't say anything till we reached a new room where the ceiling towered several feet high.

The room was very wide, and art sculptures filled the place, clay works, metal works, basketry all sorts of sets were mounted on ceramic sculptures of all sizes.

Chandeliers lit up the room in spades as they formed a line on the ceiling leading to another corner of the house. On the floor was a very wide bear rug, white and fluffy.

Poor animal.

More paintings filled the walls but at least they weren't of the woman this time. The paintings varied, some were of well-distinguished people of history, mainly magic history.

I recognized one particular portrait of a man sitting on a throne cross-legged. His stare was deeply frightening and his dressing matched the seventeenth century France.

"Ah, I see you recognize Moderd the BloodKing." The woman said boastfully "the legendary vampire killer who terrorized France and many other countries. It seems at least your parents taught you some history"

I nodded dismissing her arrogant tone "Because of his acts, the vampire council was founded to monitor the activities of a vampire and ensure that such heinous crimes would never be committed again."