B.KEN

ROSE: I had never paid this much attention to something I totally had no idea about but had to literally fake it.

Ken went on.

"This magic is almost on par with the Queen of Thomis-Heracleion but I think it was worth it. To be able to look at the various creations of man, their achievements, to be able to look into the intellect that God gave them is truly a miracle in itself. I think this should be done everywhere don't you think?'' he walked closer to me.

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh!

"Yes, it's really...uh something" I responded whilst I insulted myself in my head.

Stupid, say something smart.

"Of course, there are far more beautiful things in this world" he inched his way closer, "I have found the truly beautiful things in this world to be spirit."

"Really?"

"Yes, the spirit of someone is a marvel, the greatest achievement of man. Without it, none of us would be here with the will to strive for something."

I looked down sadly, did I have spirit, I didn't think so.

"Well, a spirit can easily be broken," I said occasionally looking around before the window.

"I agree but those that find themselves again normally come out with an even stronger spirit, like with you."

"Me?"

"You've been heartbroken many times and yet here you are, full of curiosity and will to find something."

My heart wouldn't stop beating, I felt a bit of fear and shyness at the same time.

"It's practically radiating from you, I can tell you desire to be wanted, to be acknowledged, to be loved. It's what attracted me here, your spirit is stunning to the eye."

I had no idea who this man was but his deep voice made me feel so deprived as if he was what I craved for.

"Thank you," I said quickly.

Act cool stupid!

My attention was diverted and more people walked in and out of the other windows.

I held my arms and forced the cutest smile I could think of, ''Who do you think did it?'' I asked nervously "the magic here?"

Ken grinned excitedly, ''I've heard rumors, you see this place is just one amongst the thousands of havens in the world'' Ken explained.

He was now so close to me and was whispering in my ear all the while staring at the city of Rome and all its lights at night.

''There's more than one of this place?'' I said as I tried to feel at ease.

The Ken individual nodded, ''To create shielding magic alone requires high concentration and that automatically takes out vampires. They aren't known for their magical abilities, only a few have been able to perform magic let alone become warlords''

Everything he said made no sense but I had the feeling it was the absolute truth.

''We have the elves, they are the ones most likely but most of them are already called upon by the Elf king so I doubt many would be so bold to do this'' I glanced at him as he spoke, his lips were literally beautiful.

He caught my stare and I looked elsewhere quickly. After a while, he went on with a grin.

Did he see me swoon? Get it together!

''Personally, this could be a warlord, a group of Dragon Knights, a witch even or a fairy but I could be wrong, with everything happening lately anyone is capable of great feats'' he looked at me before he chuckled.

''I'm sorry, I got carried away, here I am talking to a complete stranger whose beauty cannot seem to be compared and I haven't asked your name'' he held my hands as he stepped in front of me.

''May I be honored to know your name?''

I smiled shyly and replied softly, ''...Rose'' he bent forward and kissed my hand lightly.

Don't panic Rose, don't panic, please don't embarrass yourself.

''A fitting name for a beautiful flower'' he said.

After a while he glanced at my hands still in his palm, ''The rose has thorns apparently'' he said as he let go, ''I never thought that in all my life I'd get to see a circle right here before my eyes''

What did he call me?

His face suddenly became stern, it wasn't an angry look but his eyes suddenly had a raging fire in them that I couldn't explain.

"I..." I said slowly as I stepped back.

I didn't know what he meant when he said that but suddenly everyone in the casino stood up from their seats and began clapping as a sudden voice echoed throughout

''...Ladies and gentlemen, the owner of this casino, who has ensured that you receive the best in comfort and entertainment will grace you with her presence''

I noticed sudden lights appear out of nowhere as they danced all over and by the time I knew it- the Ken individual was gone.

Where?

"You shouldn't be here alone" came a voice behind me.

I looked back and saw a girl, no taller than my waist in a blue dress. She had no hair, shaved completely and had the drawing of a bird on her forehead.

"Excuse me?" I said as I slowly bent down, "What do you mean?"

I noticed on her wrist was another tattoo, they looked like chains forming a spiral like a snake.

"It's dangerous around here if you are alone," she said blankly. It was like a threat but it was said so bluntly.

"What's your name?" I asked, maybe her parents were lost and I had experience with little girls, I had been living with many for years.

"Are your parents around?" I tried to give a reassuring smile but the girl didn't look at all worried.

"My name is Simona," the girl said simply, "it's dangerous around here if you are alone Rose"

I opened my eyes wide, "How'd you know my name?"

She looked at me silently occasionally tilting her head left and right, "The other children are also on the way"

Her voice was different, it sounded like multiple voices at once, "They know you are part of the prophecy. You must go to Moonsville where you shall be safe from them. You must go. You must go or the fate of your mother will be yours as well."

Did she just say my mother, did she know my mother?

"What do you mean?" I slowly held her shoulders, "You know my mum, do you know where she lives. Please, please tell me."

She didn't reply but kept muttering something inaudible, "Simona?" I said with concern.

Her eyes had rolled back, "Simona?" I shook her slowly, "Simona, somebody help" I looked to the people around.

No one turned an eye, not even a single person, they all just kept clapping as lights shone on the large stage before them.

"Hey" I stood up and grabbed hold of a waiter passing by, "Some girl needs help"

The waiter looked at me like an alien, his stare was a ferocious one of anger, almost as if he was just about ready to kill me.

"I...think she is sick"

He didn't reply and I slowly let go of his arm and he went off.

I looked back to where the little girl was and she was gone.

"PUT YOUR HANDS OR CLAWS TOGETHER FOR THE BEAUTIFUL, THE EXQUISITE MS. APPLE!"

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AS WELL❤️