CHAPTER 2-WHY?

SEVERAL HOURS EARLIER.

ROSE: It was raining heavily all around the car and everyone had left, Victoria and the quiet driver but the worst part was that I was locked.

Did she do that?

"Hello?" I called wiping the condensation formed on the glass, I couldn't see anything with the heavy rain, "Hello?"

I tried opening the door several times or removing the lock on the door but it was futile. I couldn't relax, something was out there, maybe some serial killer.

"Hello, Victoria!" I shouted with all my might, "Where's everyone?"

Maybe they were in trouble.

"Great" I sighed, "You just had to say yes didn't you" I figured I'd be better off back at the orphanage.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes and the next instant, I didn't feel like I was in an enclosed area.

Rain fell all around me and I was standing on the road.

What...just happened?

I looked at the ground, I was bare-feet, no shoes and I watched in shock as it dawned on me that I was naked.

"Wh...What?" My lips trembled, I was trying to understand what just happened. It was too unexpected, too unpredictable, too unreal.

How did I end up out here?

Maybe I was dreaming, I closed my eyes, "This is just a dream, just a dream." I opened my eyes but I was still butt naked on the road.

I shut my eyes again, I felt cold, "Wake Up!" I yelled.

I need her now, I need Diddy.

I opened my eyes and still found myself out in the rain in my birthday suit, "Wake up wake up wake up wake up!"

I shouted and shouted and shouted in fear, "Come on just open your eyes Rose" I mumbled to myself

I kept shutting and opening my eyelids again wanting the nightmare to end.

"Please wake up" I sobbed as I knelt down, why did these things happen to me, why was I always weird?

Why couldn't I' have been born normal, maybe Judy was right, maybe I was a monster.

"Wake the hell up!" I yelled with every fiber in my bones.

I suddenly realized something and I slowly opened my eyes, I was cold, yes but I couldn't feel the rain.

My brain tried to comprehend what I was seeing, rain was falling through me. Literally falling through me as if I was transparent or a mirage.

"Oh my God" I whispered, was this a hallucination?

"Come on Rose, you can't be going mad, you're supposed to be going to school?" I whispered with my eyes wide in shock.

Or was the whole school thing a dream, maybe I was back in the orphanage or maybe I had been dreaming my whole life?

Maybe my parents were praying I'd come to consciousness and I was comatose somewhere in a hospital.

I could feel my sanity slipping, "It's all a dream" I whispered as I held my arms and rocked back and forth.

The rain continued to pour heavily, "It's not a dream" came a voice.

I looked behind me to see a pale woman dressed in rags looking at me like some lost puppy. Her face had several cuts in her face, some were deeper than others and her eyes were deathly white like she was blind.

Her lips were dry, very dry as she smiled ever so lightly.

I breathed heavily as my body trembled, "H...help me" was all I could whisper.

"You need to be dead," the woman said, "or you'll remain here"

"Please, I don't know what is going on" I cried.

"You need to be dead or..." the woman's cracked lips began to smile, her smile stretched till it reached her ears, "you shall stay with us"

Her teeth were rotten and yellow.

I should've screamed but I was too confused and terrified to shout for help.

"You'll stay with us won't you?" her face began shaking rapidly, "You'll stay with us won't you?"

Her head began to move slowly till her head was upside down, "You'll stay with us won't you?"

I crawled back as the woman stepped forward, "You'll stay, You'll stay, You'll stay?" she snickered as her arms and legs shook tremendously.

"Stay...stay back" I whimpered as I crawled back, "please stay back"

The woman ran at me, "YOU'LL STAY!"

"Hey" Victoria shook me up and I awoke with a jump.

"Typical, you fell right asleep, can you believe this Owen?" She entered the car.

I looked around and touched my face and arms repeatedly then the seat and windows.

"Okay..." Victoria raised her eyebrow as she looked at me sidedly, "let's go"

Where was the woman?

I could feel my pulse racing, was she the woman yelling my name at the orphanage?

"Don't take this the wrong way but you're creeping me out" Victoria said before texting on her phone.

I could feel my breath come in spurts, I looked behind me, the condensation in the mirror kept me from seeing outside.

I didn't have to see what was out there as I almost screamed, there on the window was a message written with the condensation: You'll stay, won't you?

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AS WELL❤️