C.THE SEARCH BEGINS!

When the door that had been etched into the wall opened with explosive force, Joseph jumped back startled. When the only thing visible was a white-hot smoke that poured out, he cursed at his potentially unnecessary feelings of intimidation.

Nevertheless, something about the smoke kept him frozen in place a safe distance from the walls it poured from in the same way cold air does from an opened freezer.

Though seconds passed, the smoke continued to billow out, never quite reaching him. Sighing, his mind gave the signals suggesting movement seemed viable at the same time a deep, unearthly voice resounded.

"Joseph Meroe."

There was no mistaking that the white robed figure that materialized from the smoke was talking to him...here for him as he walked smoothly out of the opening.

His face, covered in a golden mask that gleamed in the light that refracted from the surrounding smoke, was barely discernible under the cloak that fluttered around him as it partially revealed and covered the holes for his eyes and an artificial nose. What little Joseph could consistently see was no engravings or symbols present on the mask, leaving it as smooth as marble. Piercing unnaturally green eyes glowed from within the hidden depths of the mask.

The stranger looked out of place currently as behind him the bright light continued to dazzle almost as if the Sun itself was behind him.

A few seconds passed and Joseph then asked, ''Were you expecting a round of applause or?''

''You are being summoned'' came the same deep booming voice, the bed shook when the voice sounded.

Joseph shook his head, ''You can see I am working, can't you?'' he stood up from his chair and fell on his bed, ''and I'm exhausted as well, exploring these parts of the world is no easy task but the scenery, my God the scenery, I can take you there sometime wen you're off duty''

The figure repeated the statement but added, ''You are being summoned by the Queen of Fortia, urgent matters must be handled and you are required to attend''

Joseph knew he had no choice but it annoyed him that he had to always comply with rules whenever and wherever he was.

Joseph groaned as he sat up slowly and the figure added as if to motivate  or threaten him, ''...and your son has struck again''

Joseph looked at the messenger, ''That is not funny, I didn't know that you guys even had a sense of humor '' there was no response from the figure.

Joseph guessed immediately from the non-response that it was the truth and he stood up frustrated as he said angrily, ''Allan!''

He slapped his forehead, another day his son had caused trouble, how was he going to manage his son's reckless nature?

He could feel the veins just about popping out and his head gave off a warm temperature as he wiped off sweat. His son was going to make tonight very hectic for him.

Joseph knew that whatever the problem was, it was grand, such was the signature of Allan.

He knew that he was a good boy at heart but ever since that fateful day, he and his son always ended up in a feud.

''Let's get this over with'' Joseph grimaced and he snapped his fingers.

At the sound of that, the papers plastered all over the wall suddenly had the writings and drawings on them vanish.

Within seconds there was no clue of his research, just hundreds of empty papers all over the room "You better cover your tracks too, I doubt the hotel will be happy about this new door you've made for them." Joseph told the masked figure.

With one more look at his room, Joseph bumped past the hooded figure and vanished into the bright light. He couldn't help but feel saddened to be leaving the city in Egypt so soon, he really did enjoy the skies and sense of calm.

The hooded figure followed without a word and once he too was gone, the door closed.

Slowly the lines disappeared and nothing showed on the wall again, leaving no trace of the events that transpired recently.

***

GOT ANY QUESTIONS?

WHO DO YOU THINK THE MASKED INDIVIDUAL IS, SOMEONE BAD OR GOOD?

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, YOUR VIEWS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED...

OH DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AS WELL❤️