CHAPTER 3- RENDEZVOUS

LOCATION CLASSIFIED...

VINCENT: The Sun was out in full, it was a sunny day as I looked at the rocks, trees, mountains, birds, waterfall.

We were really lucky we made it out when we did. The Grimm were the rulers of the mirror world if they found me I'd have definitely died even if Peter himself didn't take me out that time.

I glanced at my lap, at the wooden box, it had a sigil on it of an Owl on a mountain peak.

This is what I asked Boris to pack for me before I left my home. I knew it'd come in handy at Moonsville aside the things I got from Ron.

We soon turned down a road not tarred that led deep into the forest. I didn't question Boris decision, if my theory was right this was the road that coiled.

The snake that coils when it takes a detour.

I knew what it meant immediately Sar uttered it to Boris acting as if it was just a passing comment.

Amateurs.

The dusty road seemed to wind and curve deeper into the forest, the car occasionally jumped up and down.

Soon enough we were driving in a circle, like following the coils of a snake to the center, I noticed how surroundings changed with every curve.

This shielding magic is strong.

I looked at Boris for a while, it just came to me suddenly, an important mystery.

How did Boris know where to go?

Moonsville had to be protected with powerful magic, I was sure the gate functioned like most Kingdoms. A cross-dimensional gate that never remained in one place, unless someone knew the trajectory, the ley lines so to speak.

I thought for a moment and smiled, it was three options, either Boris got something in addition to the package or he got it from Sar, or he had his own means.

It didn't matter how he got it to me but all the same, I nodded as I spotted his dangling cross hanging from the rearview mirror.

I hadn't noticed it earlier before but it seemed to be moving ever slightly towards the left then right.

That's his compass.

He also had another mission which involved transporting something to the Lords but due to the encounter with the Dragon's Wrath, he entrusted it to Sar.

The vampire council also wanted whatever was being transported. I had to figure out what was in it so before the hunters attacked us, when Boris got out to tell me to train I used the ARBILY.

The cube that was able to transmute objects, and letting it be in range of the package I was able to duplicate it.

Of course I thought about switching them out but I changed my mind, it didn't matter which one I had, the cube fulfilled an important role for me.

I looked at the cube I held in my left hand before putting it in my pocket. I'd activate it later without Boris seeing and would have exactly two days to figure out the mystery.

All the same I wondered about the package, Peter didn't seem interested in it, he would've asked. That meant whatever Boris was transporting was private knowledge that the Vampire council got wind of, possibly something that was deadly to our kinds but not something for the Grimm to be worried about.

It was entirely possible that they just weren't afraid of the package or had means of capturing it or had no idea but that last option seemed unlikely.

Did they have a plan, why did they also want the item so badly?